I have no idea about where is my package now. HELP!

dtrjj
Community Member

I live in Canada and i bought an item from U.S. via the global shipping program on May-13, the seller shipped it fast but after the package delivered to the U.S. shipping center i have lost contact with it, now a week passed i still not get any information about my package. Somebody can help...

In Transit with Destination Carrier

May-17-14, 17:35 PM, ETOBICOKE, ON M8V0A1

Customs Cleared

May-17-14, 17:35 PM, ETOBICOKE, ON M8V0A1

Shipped from US Shipping Center to International Destination

May-17-14, 02:39 AM, Erlanger

Customs Documentation and Labeling

May-16-14, 22:49 PM, Erlanger

Processing at US Shipping Center

May-16-14, 21:33 PM, Erlanger

Arrived at US shipping Center

May-16-14, 12:50 PM, ERLANGER, KY 41025

Enroute to US Shipping Center

May-16-14, 06:01 AM, ELSMERE, KY

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

May-16-14, 05:19 AM, ELSMERE, KY

In Transit-DEPARTURE SCAN

May-16-14, 03:37 AM, LEXINGTON, KY

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

May-15-14, 23:34 PM, LEXINGTON, KY

May-15-14, 20:28 PM, KNOXVILLE, TN

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

May-15-14, 18:36 PM, KNOXVILLE, TN

May-15-14, 16:45 PM, CHATTANOOGA, TN

In Transit-ARRIVAL SCAN

May-15-14, 14:11 PM, CHATTANOOGA, TN

May-15-14, 05:06 AM, ORLANDO, FL

In Transit-ORIGIN SCAN

May-14-14, 20:32 PM, ORLANDO, FL

Tracking details uploaded-BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

May-14-14, 18:46 PM

Tracking details uploaded

May-14-14, 17:00 PM

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

marnotom!
Community Member

@dtrjj wrote:

I live in Canada and i bought an item from U.S. via the global shipping program on May-13, the seller shipped it fast but after the package delivered to the U.S. shipping center i have lost contact with it, now a week passed i still not get any information about my package. Somebody can help...

The last couple of scans on your item are actually from Etobicoke, Ontario.  I suspect your item is on your way to you but it simply hasn't received any scans since then.  When I bought something through the Global Shipping Program, there was a "black hole" in the tracking between Etobicoke and Richmond (Vancouver) where Canada Post took over delivery of the item.

I also suspect that the long weekend has put a small crimp in the item's transit.

I don't know where you're located, but I'd say that if the item hasn't shown up by the middle of the week, let the seller know and file a claim through the eBay Resolution Centre to see if that gets the ball spinning a bit faster.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

dtrjj
Community Member
I live in Winnipeg and i have contract the seller, this is what he say:
You will need to send eBay a message so they can look it up. Please do not open a case as it will not make any effect.
It seems that once the package delivered to the U.S. shipping center the seller just can see what i can see, so he has no idea about it too...how long it takes you from paid to delivered?
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

A couple GSP items took 15 days to ship to BC in November.

USPS items have taken 6-11 days from the US.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

The item was mailed on May 14th and  delivery time varies. I would guess that the average is  7 - 14 days and you are on day 8.  I would wait until the end of next week and if you still don't have it you can open a claim. I would first explain to the seller though the only way you can get all of your money back is to open a claim but that the gsp is responsible for refunding you. There may be a temporary hold on the seller's money but in the end the gsp will pay, not the seller.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

dtrjj
Community Member
I will go to another country after June.1, so i'm worry about i can't reach my package before i go. There are 6 business days left...last time i bought a headphone from HK it just took me 8 days.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Chances are very good that you will receive it before you go.  But 8 days is just too soon to worry about it.

You mentioned that it took 8 days from HK...I've heard of many cases of delivery from China taking more than a month so it is really difficult to predict international delivery times.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I will go to another country after June.1, so i'm worry about i can't reach my package before i go.

If you don't have a trusted person (with appropriate ID) picking up your mail and turning on and off lights and radio, go to the Post Office and have them Hold your mail for the number of days you will be gone. This is a paid service and the fee varies with the time.

See? easy!

Don't forget to cancel your newspaper either.

Having mail and papers build up on the stoop is an invitation to burglars.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

If you don't have a trusted person (with appropriate ID) picking up your mail and turning on and off lights and radio, go to the Post Office and have them Hold your mail for the number of days you will be gone. This is a paid service and the fee varies with the time.

See? easy!

What if this item isn't being shipped to the buyer by mail and there's no trusted person to collect the pickup notice that the carrier would likely leave?

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Well i have had the same problem.....i have a print out and it say it been deliver.....it says attempted delivery...left note.

Funny we were here all day.......post office has no record....

wrote to ebay...they said there will be no refund.....but i wrote them back and ask if they even checked all the tracking numbers

oh yes there is no tracking number for Canada......whats that about??? and look at the price you pay for shipping!!!!!

Its been 18 days and counting.....and why is there no phone number to this for global shipping center........I truly Believe Ebay  does not give a ..about the buyer or seller....don't believe me ...read there polices on lost or undelivered items.....

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Let's us try to determine the problem.

Your two feedback so far show sellers in China and Hong Kong.

Where was the seller for this transaction?

When were the goods shipped?  How?

What is the nature of the item and its value?

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

well i also done my home work on global shipping now that this has happen

you should do it as well

i did reply earlier but i got a reply from ebay'''''here it is

im not to worried....i see you that this is more important than serving your customer.....funny you have the time time to sit around and view message and the the time to write back.
when you should be tracking down my parcel......and as for this Global shipping center you use.....whats up with that,,,you must be getting a piece of the pie
I havw seen so many complaines about them and yet you do nothing.....hmmmm bit funny do you think....expedited shipping.....no tracking number after it gets to global shipping ...almost 20 day to get a product from the States......not Cool....so dont be pointing your finger at me.....look at yourself and the company you work for....

@pierrelebel wrote:

Let's us try to determine the problem.

Your two feedback so far show sellers in China and Hong Kong.

Where was the seller for this transaction?

When were the goods shipped?  How?

What is the nature of the item and its value?

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

.i have a print out and it say it been deliver.....it says attempted delivery...left note.

These are NOT the same thing.

The note either says it has been delivered, in which case you should have it.

Or it says there was an attempted delivery.

In that case, the company that left the note (usually Canada Post, but the name of the company will be on the physical paper note on your door or in  your mailbox) has the package. The note will tell you where to phone to arrange delivery or where you can pick it up.

Read the note again. Since English is not your first language, use Google Translate or Babelfish to translate it into your tongue. Be very careful to use the exact words. This may help you understand the situation better.

Funny we were here all day......

Not unusual.

We barely heard a knock on our door (the doorbell is very loud, but was not used).

DH caught the delivery person as he was leaving the stoop.

In other cases, delivery workers have left notes without attempting to deliver, because their route goes faster. This is more likely with contract workers, who are paid by the parcel handled, not by the hour.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

i did reply earlier but i got a reply from ebay'''''here it is

There is no message from eBay in your post.

expedited shipping.....no tracking number after it gets to global shipping ...almost 20 day to get a product from the States......not Cool.

Expedited shipping is a Canada Post service. That name is not used by USPS.

It is required for a US shipper using GSP to use Delivery Confirmation to the Kentucky GSP plant.

While the GSP does track all its shipments, this information is not particularly public.

because it is not important or useful to the buyer.

Now.

To begin with 20 days is a reasonable and normal wait for items coming from the USA. Thirty days for Asia.

Some will arrive sooner. Good.

Some will arrive much later. And eBay will then pursue your complaint and Dispute. You can file a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

When you open your Dispute, say that the transaction was handled under the Global Shipping Program.

In either case if the seller or the GSP cannot show Confirmation of Delivery to your doorstep, eBay will require them to refund you.

This is the use of the tracking number. It protects the seller (and the GSP) from false claims of non-delivery.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

This is a user-to-user discussion board.  You are not receiving replies from an eBay employee.  I understand your frustration, but please do not take it out on other eBay members who reply to these threads in the hope of helping others.  If you want to talk to someone at eBay, look under Help & Contact for a phone number - no eBay employees read these forums.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

Well if you read it again youll see im trying to tell you how bad the service is!!!!

and maybe everybody should check out how ebay deals with its customers......

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Well if you read it again youll see im trying to tell you how bad the service is!!!!

and maybe everybody should check out how ebay deals with its customers......

And 20 days is way to long......i payed expedited parcel ....3 to 5 day

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

When I read it again, what I see is that you replied to "pierrelebel" (a fellow eBayer) as follows:

"...i see you that this is more important than serving your customer.....funny you have the time time to sit around and view message and the the time to write back.
when you should be tracking down my parcel......and as for this Global shipping center you use.....whats up with that,,,you must be getting a piece of the pie"

That reply does not tell us anything about the service, but is speaks volumes about you.  From the wording, it appears as if you thought you were responding to an eBay Customer Service Representative.  Might I suggest that such an aggressive in-your-face response would not have helped you to advance your agenda.  You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

You stated you bought an item through GSP.  There is no such thing as "expedited parcel" with the GSP, and no suggestion of a 3-5 day delivery for any GSP item.  Delivery takes longer for all GSP purchases, because the item is handled and shipped twice in the USA, then passed to another carrier for delivery after it enters Canada.  The best way to avoid these delays is to purchase from US sellers who do not use the GSP.

I hope that by now you have received your purchase.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

femmefan1946 wrote:

I will go to another country after June.1, so i'm worry about i can't reach my package before i go.

See? easy!

Don't forget to cancel your newspaper either.

Having mail and papers build up on the stoop is an invitation to burglars.

I guess someone never heard about mail forwarding.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@zygdrazil wrote:

I guess someone never heard about mail forwarding.

Canada Post doesn't forward parcel post items.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply