I search for sellers who DO NOT have"Customs service & international tracking". Should be an OPTION

I would like to see as an option  "NO CUSTOM SERVICE AND INTERNATIONAL TRACKING DESIRED". I do not wish to pay extra money to a 3rd party that many sellers are not aware of.

Instead of searching through listings, I'd like to have a way to rule this out BEFORE MY SEARCH.

Anyone agree?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I search for sellers who DO NOT have"Customs service & international tracking". Should be an OPTION

Practically every Canadian.

Although....

If you are buying items valued over $100USD it is worth cross checking that the USPS item is in fact cheaper to ship than the GSP item.

At that value CBSA is likely to assess duty and sales tax (which must always be assessed by GPS ) and the Canada Post service charge is higher than the GSP service charge.

Plus you will either have to pay on your doorstep if you are home or pay at the PO counter when you pick it up.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hello '16blythest', 

<< I would like to see as an option  "NO CUSTOM SERVICE AND INTERNATIONAL TRACKING DESIRED". 

Instead of searching through listings, I'd like to have a way to rule this out BEFORE MY SEARCH. >>

Haha, you and every other Canadian shopper! 

This has been brought up over the years, and allegedly this and other very excellent and useful proposals were forwarded on to those higher up the food chain.  

With absolutely no result.

In 3 years there has been nothing done to improve the GSP for international buyers.  In spite of daily complaints and suggestions, nothing has changed.

Oh wait, -- perhaps the single biggest irritant to buyers of low-cost items was being charged nearly 5 bucks just to be told that they don't owe anything.  So Pitney-Bowes buried this fee in with the 'shipping' transport cost.

OooooOooooOoohh,  -- they hid a fee!

Can't say they don't listen to buyers' input. Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Well, yes, but you can see relatively easily which sellers from ebay.com and ebay.co.uk use the Global Shipping Program (GSP) when you do your search if you enter your search term while viewing on a desktop and use LIST VIEW it will show the telltale CUSTOMS SERVICES AND INTERNATIONAL TRACKING PROVIDED. Rule those ones out if you don't want to be bothered with GSP.  

jpgScreen Shot 2016-03-17 at 7.43.35 PM.jpg

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It's a rip-off,isn't it?
BUT WHY aren't sellers aware that Pitney-Bowles is making them lose international business ?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Most of the sellers enrolled in the program ended up there automatically when they were signed on without their knowledge. These were sellers who previously only offered their items within the US, -- they did not choose to sell internationally.
Thus, even if they are now aware of being in the GSP, all they have to do is get their items safely to Kentucky and then it is no longer their problem. If anything goes wrong after that, the responsibility is with Pitney-Bowes.

And surprisingly, for all the whining we hear about it people here continue to buy GSP items. Buying them whilst "holding their nose" as one poster so aptly put it.

There are so many American buyers that I don't think GSP sellers care if they sell internationally or not. An American will buy the item eventually. And with the GSP, those who wish to remain in the program are quick to point out that it virtually eliminates scamming international buyers.

It is a seller protection policy, and from the perspective of American sellers, -- what's not to like?

Those of us up here must protect our limited funds as best we can by finding other sellers who ship First Class International, -- a fast, safe, tracked, and affordable shipping alternative.

It would be nice if we were given a "no GSP" option to click on beside the Search bar, but as the whole GSP thing is designed to funnel more of the world's wealth into the US, -- don't look for that option any time soon.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply