If you have notice any bugs on ebay

or glitches, or have an idea that could make the system run better, Kalvin has posted a thread on CTS looking for input;

http://forums.ebay.ca/topic/Canada-Town-Square/Ebay-Bugs-38/500048879#1279077100709

This is our chance to impress on ebay management what our concerns are, where the bugs are that drive us all nuts, and offer any suggestions that will make life a little more simple.

Let's not blow it.

If you have any suggestions, please post them.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: If you have notice any bugs on ebay

I wrongly worded above, did not mean to offend anyone, my apologies. It should have been - no "volume" seller prints invoices from PP or EB.

That's the only way I can add my GST/HST number, and provide advertising for my website

Pierre, one can add the GST/HST number by placing a label, by getting your customs stamp made for some $15 and stamping the invoice or even typing it. Nobody said the invoice has to be printed or everything on it has to be printed.

My invoice has barcode (and so probably has every volume seller) so we can bring up order in a second by scanning it. Our software aggregates all sales (from website and several eBay selling IDs) into single place and all invoices look exactly the same. We used to have printouts from eBay, printouts from website, printouts from PayPal and it was mess and eBay invoices disapear after some 60 or 90 days.
Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Which is really embarrassing when I'm wrong.....:^O

:^O

I am a Taurus which supposedly means that I am stubborn. Not that I follow that stuff, but in this case it definitely fits.

DH is Taurus also...great match but he is not nearly as stubborn as I am.
Message 22 of 31
latest reply

pstacey
Community Member
My main grip is..hmm
When I got sick I upped all my not sure of the Ebay term..but I upped the mailing time to 7 days. Well I had to go and change it again to 5 business days from the 2 days it reset to. Very frustrating when i spend so little time in Ebay (just to list really) I have had some very nasty emails etc due to this.
Oh yes, i also wish they would drop the expected delivery date. And while we are at it since they own Paypal.. Wish they would drop the tracking number for Air Mail.

Pat
Message 23 of 31
latest reply

pstacey
Community Member
My main grip is..hmm
When I got sick I upped all my not sure of the Ebay term..but I upped the mailing time to 7 days. Well I had to go and change it again to 5 business days from the 2 days it reset to. Very frustrating when i spend so little time in Ebay (just to list really) I have had some very nasty emails etc due to this.
Oh yes, i also wish they would drop the expected delivery date. And while we are at it since they own Paypal.. Wish they would drop the tracking number for Air Mail.

Pat
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Tracking numbers are your FRIENDS!

Most disputes are he said/she said - a tracking number gives you a definitive answer as to whether a parcel was delivered.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 25 of 31
latest reply

I wish Paypal would stop calling Delivery Confirmation "tracking". This raises the customer's expectations and they are frustrated when they cannot see exactly where the parcel is this very minute.

Tracking numbers are your FRIENDS!
Even the shipping invoice number is useful.
Are you referring to LightPacket services where the number is neither Delivery Confirmation nor insurance?

I give that number in feedback in the belief that it reassures the honest customer that the parcel has been shipped and discourages the sketchey customer from filing a bogus INR claim.
Message 26 of 31
latest reply

I wish Paypal would stop calling Delivery Confirmation "tracking".

What difference would it make if they did ?
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

What difference would it make if they did ?

As Femme said...if delivery confirmation was stated rather than tracking, most buyers would not expect a day to day update on where their package is.

I think it is more of a problem that Paypal marks the invoice number as "tracking" regardless what type of mail service was used. It confuses buyers and sellers and makes no sense! If it is an invoice or transaction number, then call it that. If it is a delivery confirmation number...call it that. KISS
Message 28 of 31
latest reply

pstacey
Community Member
I'm not about to up my shipping fees just to have a tracking number. I ship using light parcel or air mail. Seldom do I use Expediated which still doesn;t have tracking but delivery confirmation.
Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Yeah, but you're experienced enough to understand the risks.

My advice was for a newbie. Didn't want to confuse them with TMI at once.
Message 30 of 31
latest reply

My advice was for a newbie. Didn't want to confuse them with TMI at once.

You don't want to confuse the newbies on the powerseller board? okkkk

]:)
Message 31 of 31
latest reply