Is there going to be more shipping cost from a package from China to nova Scotia Canada? The item said fee shipping on eBay

rachellarue
Community Member

I'm hearing from people that there is going to be more shipping fees added to an item I ordered from China coming to nova scotia canada when the item on eBay said free shipping... Am I going to get a surprise like that when my parcel finally arrives

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Is there going to be more shipping cost from a package from China to nova Scotia Canada? The item said fee shipping on eBay

Not the kind you seem to think. Sellers cannot charge more than the stated amount for shipping.

But do be sure that the “Free” shipping applies to Canada. There is a S&H tab just above the description. China Post heavily subsidizes export shipping. Also “free” shipping means that the cost of shipping is included in the price of the item.

Once you have paid the seller, the item should take about 30 days to arrive. If it has not, be ready to open a Not Received Dispute with Paypal before Day 43.

When the parcel does arrive, if the value is over $20, Canada Post will charge a $9.00 service fee for processing through customs. There will also be HST on the item. There may or may not also be duty, depending on what it is you purchased.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I see several international purchases that may result in Customs charges at delivery. Some mail packages slip through without being assessed but one can never count on it happening.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Not the kind you seem to think. Sellers cannot charge more than the stated amount for shipping.

But do be sure that the “Free” shipping applies to Canada. There is a S&H tab just above the description. China Post heavily subsidizes export shipping. Also “free” shipping means that the cost of shipping is included in the price of the item.

Once you have paid the seller, the item should take about 30 days to arrive. If it has not, be ready to open a Not Received Dispute with Paypal before Day 43.

When the parcel does arrive, if the value is over $20, Canada Post will charge a $9.00 service fee for processing through customs. There will also be HST on the item. There may or may not also be duty, depending on what it is you purchased.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I see several international purchases that may result in Customs charges at delivery. Some mail packages slip through without being assessed but one can never count on it happening.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

rachellarue
Community Member

So in other words Iam going to have to pay more for customs and possibly duty fees also, because the package is definitally over $20 value...I'm not liking the sounds of this deal anymore

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

rachellarue
Community Member

Yes it says free shipping to Canada tho

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

rachellarue
Community Member

How much ,pure am I going to be looking at tho??

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Shipping cost is separate from import charges.  In most cases its taxes , our 15% HST and the $9.95 Canada Post fee on items costing over $20.

Must factor these into decision to buy or bid. By courier UPS, Fedex an expensive brokerage fee rather than the $9.95 . Avoid that kind of shipping.

As i stated , a good percentage come with no charges assigned but can't be counted on.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply