Paid for an item on eBay, did not receive it and seller closed their page. What do I do?

luu_ca3
Community Member

I purchased a dog leash from seller: . After the estimated delivery date I have not received my parcel, so I contacted seller and requested they resend another parcel because I have not received my item. They agreed and allowed me 20-25 days to wait. Now almost 2 months have passed and the seller has closed their page, I have no contact with seller anymore! And I have not received my item! The item # does not even work when I try to use the resolution centre and open a case!! What do I do and how do I get a refund??

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Paid for an item on eBay, did not receive it and seller closed their page. What do I do?

You shouldn't ask for resend, ask for refund instead. I did the same thing and they never show up. After 2 months, neither ebay nor paypal would help. Selling is not responding. Now go to your credit card company and do a charge back. They have a longer dispute period. I learned my lesson. Always ask for refund, then buy it again through the same seller or other, that way you still have a new 45days for dispute if you don't get your package.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Paid for an item on eBay, did not receive it and seller closed their page. What do I do?

It is less likely that the seller has closed his page than that eBay kicked him off the site.

As a rule of thumb, never ask for a replacement or allow one to be 'sent'. There is no reason to believe it will arrive, especially since the first one didn't.

The only acceptable answer is a refund.

If the item then turns up, you can repay the refund using Paypal's Send Money option.

If you still trust the selelr, you can re-order, starting a new transaction and restarting the clock.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

luu_ca3
Community Member
Thank you all, for you advice as tips -.-". Now I know nothing can be done 😞
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Not nothing.

You can go to the credit card you actually paid with (Paypal is just a mediator) and start a chargeback.

If you purchased from a Paypal or bank balance, then add a credit card to your PP account to prevent future problems like this.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply