Question: Biling adress

Hi everyone. I want to know if I can buy something and ask to deliver in somewhere else that is not my house. In other words, I`ll be purchasing the product, however, the person that will be receiving the package it is not me.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Check with the seller BEFORE bidding/buying.

Many sellers will only ship to the eBay/PayPal registered address for obvious security reasons.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

you can change the send to address on your order to your friends for this purchase,make sure you change back to you on future purchases,when it shows send to address,thats where you make change.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Go into your PayPal account, under Profile, choose Add or Edit Street Address.  You can add the name and address where you wish to send your purchase as an Alternate Address, which means deliveries can be made to this address.  The seller will see this as a PayPal confirmed address.  You can add or delete alternate addresses in this area as you wish.  I have used this to send purchases to people in both Canada and USA, for eBay as well as other online sites that accept PayPal.  You must add the alternate address before you make the purchase, just remember to choose the alternate address before you pay at Checkout.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I haven't ever tried to have an item sent to another address so I am just repeating what I've read but different posters have mentioned that Paypal would not allow them to put in an alternative address in Paypal unless that address was in Canada. However, they have been able to add a U.S. or other international address if they added it through ebay rather than Paypal.  But it sounds as if your experience has been different so perhaps something has been changed.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I see your point, but the person will be allowed to pick up the package? Im saying that because the name in the package will be mine.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You change the name and address.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@caluc_lrvbkj8nl wrote:

Hi everyone. I want to know if I can buy something and ask to deliver in somewhere else that is not my house. In other words, I`ll be purchasing the product, however, the person that will be receiving the package it is not me.

Thank you.

Yes, just add the address as one of your shipping addresses and mark it as your primary shipping address. On the eBay checkout page, your primary shipping address will appear by default as your shipping address.

OR

Change the address at the eBay checkout page before you pay.

Seller Protection does not require sellers to ship to your PayPal-registered address. The requirement is to ship to the address on the PayPal Transaction Details page.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#11

Just to illustrate, on the checkout page:

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 7.55.36 AM.png

My primary shipping address is set to my address in Canada. There's a link under "Ship to" to change the shipping address.

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 7.56.19 AM.png

After entering the alternate address and the person receiving the package as the 'Contact Name', select 'Ship to this address' and 'Continue'. The page will then redirect to PayPal.

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 7.57.07 AM.png

Click on 'Confirm and Pay'. If you login to your PayPal account and click Details next to your payment, you'll see the Transaction Details page:

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 7.59.14 AM.png

The address does NOT have to be entered on PayPal -- just at the eBay checkout page and it has to be submitted with the payment.

Note: Addresses added on PayPal do not appear on the eBay checkout page. Try adding an address on PayPal that you don't have on eBay -- you'll see they're not connected.

Also, FTR, if you check the PayPal UA and the eBay Seller Protection policy, Seller Protection doesn't require shipment to a confirmed address.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply