Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

Hello Canadian sellers,

This thread is open for discussion regarding the recent announcement about eBay Canada retiring USD support from its selling flows. Myself and other employees will come visit this thread and do our best to answer any questions on this topic.

Message 1 of 1,448
latest reply
1,447 REPLIES 1,447

Re: Retirement of USD from eBay.ca Selling Flows

It seems to be fixed now.

Message 1421 of 1,448
latest reply

Absolutely NOT resolved.

ebay item# 352037067765

on ebay.ca, expedited is show at 52.90$ and xpresspost at 80.18$

on ebay.com, NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And these are my flag ship items, and I am in my peak season, but my sales are going downs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see my screen capture

Message 1422 of 1,448
latest reply

Many of your items are showing both expedited and Xpresspost to the US, it is so odd that some work and some don't.   Perhaps try taking Xpresspost off of those flagship items to see if you can then see the expedited option on .com.

I can still see the US shipping cost on those listings in the search view so the info is obviously there.   I wonder what happens if a US buyer puts that item in his cart.

Message 1423 of 1,448
latest reply

cart option don't works with .ca items....
Numerous emails from buyers telling that they can not checking out. I told them to buy the item directly with "buy it now" option, and it works.
Message 1424 of 1,448
latest reply

I'Ve got another issues that I do  not understand.

When I go into the ebay.ca categories home&garden=yard, garden, outdoor living=pool&spas=spa& hot tub parts

and I put "show only items from Canada" , without any search criteria, system show 443items total.

I have 993 items listed in my store and approx. 900 items in that categorie.

How come the system is only giving me 443items, (which are not only my items, but all canadians items.) when I have more than double that item ads??

see on my screen capture, again...

Message 1425 of 1,448
latest reply

When I put IN.YE in search bar, NOTHING OF MY PRODUCTS APPEAR ! (except for the 1 lonely pack)
Message 1426 of 1,448
latest reply

@sleco69 wrote:

I'Ve got another issues that I do  not understand.

When I go into the ebay.ca categories home&garden=yard, garden, outdoor living=pool&spas=spa& hot tub parts

and I put "show only items from Canada" , without any search criteria, system show 443items total.

I have 993 items listed in my store and approx. 900 items in that categorie.

How come the system is only giving me 443items, (which are not only my items, but all canadians items.) when I have more than double that item ads??

see on my screen capture, again...

Not all of your items are specifically under pool and spa parts.  I see 854 listings under pool and spa when I specify canada only.

Also, not all of your items show as being shipped from canada.  If I go to .com, change my location to the US and then look for listings in the US only, 139 listings come up.

Message 1427 of 1,448
latest reply

If I go to your listings and type in in.ye I see 28 listings in home, garden, outdoor living.

If I do the same search for all sellers, I see about the same amount for you.  I didn't  actual count them.

You don't seem to be be searching in all of the categories that you've 

listed in.

Message 1428 of 1,448
latest reply

I've changed some digits for my listings and it helps.
I have 463 items in the spa & hot tub parts...

Thanks for checking up my items....
Message 1429 of 1,448
latest reply

Well, here we go again

I list an item for best offer in canadian dollars and get an offer in us dollars all due to ebay making such a miserable mess!

I think I've made my decision ~ all .com, all the way!

Message 1430 of 1,448
latest reply

Just another brick on Canadians sellers.

Summer 2017 update:

Ebay will now charge taxes on our fees & comission.

This is another 15% increase!

All the way to kill Canadians sellers !

Message 1431 of 1,448
latest reply

They should have been doing that for more than a decade anyway but they managed to bribe/lobby the CRA 17 years ago into giving them an exemption from doing so by arguing that the listings were hosted on USA servers owned by Ebay and that they weren't actually providing a service originating from Canada. Those days and that exemption are ending.A lot of national governments have been cracking down on companies like ebay and apple, which hide their profits in countries like switzerland and the Isle of Wight, with low corporate tax rates.

Assuming as a conservative number that Ebay Canada sellers amount to 10 million dollars in combined user fees per year. Well that alone should have also been half a million dollars in GST alone to the federal government. Furthermore, any sellers who are registered with GST/HST #s can claim those fees back as Input Tax Credits.

Message 1432 of 1,448
latest reply

Hello neighbour,

Just read up on that this morning!  Too bad our government gave away so much money over the past number of months ~ now the little Sellers like you and I have to pay for it.

Sad.....

Message 1433 of 1,448
latest reply

Back to the original topic... This listing I put up an hour ago on ebay.com in USD...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vittoria-Tires-Sticker-Decal-for-bikes-tool-boxes-vehicles-/332214739848...

to replace this one on ebay.ca in CAD dollars which ended yesterday when the quantity reached zero finally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=232212377347

Note the CAD listing was actually cheaper (7.30USD at today's exchange rate), and had been up since the forced January move to CAD listings. That particular decal sold occasionally with only three sold in the past 90 days. The last two on the CAD listing sold yesterday to someone in New Zealand. Within minutes of being listed in USD, two sold to a canadian in Etobicoke.
Message 1434 of 1,448
latest reply

There are other auction sites where the FVF is 3.5%. Check into it. My sales their are much better than ebay.

Also, I think the GST/HST applies to the Final Value Fees only, yes? No?

Message 1435 of 1,448
latest reply

Yes, I am also on Shopify, which did not get FVF, only credit card fee, and monthly rental plan (33$) for 1000 ads.
But it did not get the Ebay traffic reference....
Message 1436 of 1,448
latest reply

The last few days have bring another bug for $cad items.  Now the bug is spreading for canadien buyers, US buyers and Australian buyers.

They can not pay the items after purchasing it.  Even though I send total invoice to pay, they can not go through checkout process...

More, the bug that hide shipping serices on my items, whatever the buyers are, are now spreading to my entire item in $cad (898 items)

preventing buyers to be able to purchase my items.

The item show the shipping both to Canada and USA in the search result, but when I click the item, There is nothing for shipping and nothing to change the emplacement.

Following screen captures show shipping to CAN and shipping to USA 90210

Message 1437 of 1,448
latest reply

Message 1438 of 1,448
latest reply

Message 1439 of 1,448
latest reply

Message 1440 of 1,448
latest reply