Tried to print a shipping label off Paypal but do not see the new track packet option which we are supposed to get a discount on.

I am wondering what everyone thinks about the new trackable package the post office has come out with - sure seems more expensive than the small packet air - my PO gave me a rate of $16.03 for an item under 250 grams ($7.80 air small packet). We are supposed to be able to print off Paypal & get a discount but could not see it listed as an option. 

Other than the $100 insurance (and of course the fact a buyer can see where the parcel is once mailed) I don't see a lot of advantage for the difference in pricing. I know some US sellers have outside insurance which covers them for lost or damaged packages. Is this an option in Canada and does anyone have it?

With the small packet air we get proof of postage showing address, contents etc. If a buyer does not want to pay the extra postage and opts for this without insurance is the seller still responsible if the Post Office loses it?

I really would like to hear what other sellers are doing now. Was really disappointed to lose the small packet surface with insurance as I mostly sell small items and used it 90% of the time.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Tried to print a shipping label off Paypal but do not see the new track packet option which we are supposed to get a discount on.

Hi .. Will find a # of discussion threads here..

http://community.ebay.ca/forum/Seller-Central/13?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I wish there was more flack on this. Basically after discounts there really isn't much difference between TP and EXP. Also I have seen the same thing it isn't available through Paypal as of the 16th and I continue to have issues when trying to use small pkt air through Paypal. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think that they should have left the system for small pkt. the same and made small pkt.insurance optional. The only available avenue for reasonable shipping to the  States now is small pkt air and even that is not competitive with the States. The only way to use it is to self insure.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply