Why Does An Item which the Seller Refunded me the $$ for show up as 'Unpaid'??

logos777
Community Member

Why Does An Item which the Seller Refunded me the $$ for show up as 'Unpaid'?

- Item arrived broken and the seller refunded me for it with no problem - money was put back into my paypal account, but now the item is showing as "unpaid"

How do I get rid of the unpaid notification?  It was paid, but seller refunded due to damage.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can try to mark it paid manually by going to your Purchase History and choosing Paid or Payment Sent from the drop-down menu. I have no unpaid purchases right now so imagine the spot where my screenshot says Unmarked says Mark As instead.

Other than that, you are correct; this Unpaid designation is a direct result of the seller issuing you a refund. All you can do is ignore it. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 7.28.18 PM.png

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

it will automatically go away in a couple of weeks, just ignore it.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

it's been a couple weeks already and it hasn't disappeared 😞

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It probably won't disappear until 60 days has passed.

Mark as Payment Sent manually from a desktop.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@2015camarb wrote:

Why Does An Item which the Seller Refunded me the $$ for show up as 'Unpaid'?

- Item arrived broken and the seller refunded me for it with no problem - money was put back into my paypal account, but now the item is showing as "unpaid"

How do I get rid of the unpaid notification?  It was paid, but seller refunded due to damage.

It just shows up this way on a refund probably for some internal record keeping at eBay because at this point there is no money on the item. It was refunded. It does not mean you ever have to pay again or that it will count as an unpaid item.

See that drop-down menu picture that mjwl2006 has shown you? Find it for your item and click on MARK AS PAYMENT SENT, then go back again and use the HIDE ORDER. After 60 days you won't be able to see it at all anywhere unless you go looking in your HIDDEN folder.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply