Why is a shipping charge coming up when the seller isn't shipping?

I want to buy a PSN voucher from America (I live in Canada) so first off would it work?  It's for content. 

Now to the main problem: the seller is simply messaging me the voucher code but ebay is charging a shipping cost ($22 to be exact)  What's going on and how can I not get squeezed out of money for no reason?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Specifically it's for a game soundtrack.
I contacted the seller and he is NOT charging for shipping so I have no idea what's going on.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

No idea what a PSA voucher is, something digital I guess.

Look at the listing.

Is there a shipping charge listed for Canada? It is actually eBay legal (but skeezy) to charge whatever the seller wants for shipping and handling. So if there is a charge listed, you agreed to it.

BTW- did you buy from a mobile device? Those listings are notoriously incomplete: bad programming, lack of space, whatever.  Before buying it is a good idea to double check the listing on a laptop or desktop, if the money involved is important.

Something else that doesn't show on a mobile.

Customs services and international tracking provided

Now, it's stupid to include the Global Shipping Program on a digital item, but if the average IQ is 100, half the population is going to be below that.

Contact the seller and ask that he remove the GSP (he may not know that it is there-- long story). If he can't, he could bill you directly through Paypal ( don't worry , PP has strong buyer protection). You pay without the unnecessary postal charges, and he marks the eBay transaction Paid manually.

Or, you could just not buy. At worst, he gives you an Unpaid Item Strike. While these can seriously impact your ability to buy on eBay, one is not a problem (two is TROUBLE) and you can contact eBay and ask for it to be removed. (You can do that exactly once. Ever.)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply