Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

USPS trip report and Question

Just back from 4th successfull trip..huge savings on just about everything and a much better price/speed to Europe.In addition to the duty free books(used) I sell some clothing items such as T-shirts and jerseys....are these exempt under #7523...anyo...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ever heard of Internet Secure payment options?

Have any of you ever used this? (Check out internetsecuredotcom) It is Canadian based and orientated. Would love more info, as I do need something like this for my web site.

Don't yell at me...but a question for all of you...

Why, on the US PS board, is there so much anti Canadian sentiment? Some of them are really...uh...Rude about anything Canadian. I have seen comments about everything from the dumb feedback Canadians leave to "OH my GOD a Canadian Bidder what do I do?...

C.P EXPEDITE SHIPPING.

I TOOK ONE EMPTY POP CAN FOR SHIPPING WITH CANADA POST .THEY WANTED 11.00 TO SHIP IT EXPEDITE SHIPPING THE BUYER TOOK A FIT. IT WAS GOING FROM MISSISSAUGA,ON TO REMER, MN I,M JUST LOOKING TO SEE IF THERE IS A CHEAPER WAY TO SHIP THROUGH CANADA POST H...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can you, or should you, report someone asking for $ to cover paypal fees?

So, I am looking for a copy of Howard the Duck. Anyway, Cdn seller has it....but charges for using PP. Thought this wasn't allowed? This seller is not a newbie--well over 600 FB rating. It is in all the listings. I am not usually a "reporter" but tha...

Anyone else having this many problems with ebay billing? THIS IS UNREAL!!!

hello, my problems with ebay billing have been dragging on for close to 7 months now so it is really a long story. i will try to shorten it as much as possible. about 7 months ago i made a request for a withdrawl from my inactive CAD billing account....

Anyone see a link for Ebay PowerSeller apparel and accessories??

I'm looking to buy some "PowerSellers" apparel and maybe a hat, has anyone seen anything offered? They did offer items like shirts, mugs, ect. as rewards years ago, but I haven't seen anything since. If I can't find any I guess I will have my own mad...

1 time buyer (Jan. 2004) just emailed me an invitation to a pyramid scheme!

I'm really burning up over this one and have reported it to eBay. as far as I'm concerned this guy's an idiot. He had one eBay transaction with me back in January 2004 and he's using that email to send me this garbage. I was on a mailing list for thi...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Notice to those who ship USPS

We made a postal trip to Buffalo last night. I have heard mention on this board by others who use the 24hr AIRPORT MAIL FACILITY. There is a sign on the door informing customers that the location will only be open until midnight, effective September ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Making an insurance claim for a lost "Small Packet" parcel..

Is it worth even trying to make an insurance claim through CP for lost "Small Packet" parcels? I shipped ~$100 worth of product to Brazil, and the buyer (who's purchased from me before and after that package was sent) hasn't received it. It's been ab...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is it Possible to send a Combined Invoice for Items listed on .ca & .com?

Help Please! I thought that I could go to paypal and combine auctions sold into 1 combined invoice. I went there tonight and couldn't even find Items Sold and not paid. Did they change this?....or do I just need to get away from my computer for a whi...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Another Paypal service - watch out

Well I see Paypal has offered a new money back program. If you send money for goods not bought in auction, you can purchase a satisfaction guaranteed option. I sent $213.00 and could buy the protection for $12.00. You just know their "guarantee" will...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't use eBay Anything Points to pay eBay fees anymore?

I get the points through my eBay Mastercard. I know the EAP program was cancelled in the US, but I thought it was still active for Canadians? Anyways, got my monthly eBay invoice and went to make a one-time Paypal payment. Now, there does not seem to...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal fees went up?

I didn't see another recent thread about this so I started one. PayPal fees went up the other day (August 23rd, I think) for users who previously qualified for the lower "merchant rate" but no longer do. It's quite convoluted to find out what percent...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Any Advantages to Having An Ebay Store???

I have read on ebay about stores but Im a little confused. I read something briefly about less fees with an ebay store but there was not really enough detail to explain exactly what that meant. Can someone who has a store please tell me anything they...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Hello...Just Dropping By For A Moment!

Hello all, haven't had much time to visit this board over the past couple of months as the golf season here in Ontario has been going gang-busters..... After the cold, wet 2004 season, the 2005 golf season has been a real (albiet exhausting) treat fo...

Canada Post VS. USPS Price Breakdown...

If any of you are curious to see the actual difference between the prices of Canada Post and USPS just have a look at the table below. USPS does not care weither your item is in a box or a flat envelope, they simply look at the weight of the item and...

Does anyone have advice on how to avoid the crappy Paypal exchange rates?

Hello There. I'm trying to figure out away around Paypal exchange rates. I just withdrew some cash from paypal to a Canadian accoutn and the exchange rate was 1.1587. But if you goto ING direct or RBC right now they are buying for 1.79. Has anyone se...

Discussion with eBay Canada Country Manager, September 2, 3:00-4:00 PM ET

Please join us on Thursday, September 2, from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM EDT for a general discussion and question and answer session with Jordan, the eBay Canada Country Manager. Jordan will be here on behalf of the eBay Canada team to answer any questions ...

Just me or are CANADA POST Fuel surcharges ridiculous?

Great news! (sarcasm). on the CP website they have annouced that the estimated Canada P ost fuel surcharge effective September 5, 2005 to October 2, 2005 will be 6.75%. then I went further and read the following: "Effective in April of 2003, Canada P...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Need help with French Translation

Hi, We have someone emailed us the following in French. Could someone please kind enough to translate into English to us. You can post it here or use ask a question to send us an email. Using an online translator, it's kind of telling us that this gu...

US Postal Disruptions

In case you didn't see this on the US board, here is a useful link regarding mail service to the southern US: http://www.usps.com/communications/news/serviceupdates.htm

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post not allowing shipment of anything but paper in letter mail?

Didn't see a current discussion about this topic so I started one. The lady at the post office said that starting sometime in September I won't be allowed to ship anything except a piece of paper in envelopes anymore. Currently I ship my collectible ...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Workshop on Collecting with Harry Rinker: TV's "Collector Inspector" Aug.29

Please join us for a workshop on collecting! Date: Monday, August 29 Time: 2:00 - 3:00 PM ET Where: Right here on Canada Town Square! Host: Harry Rinker, HGTV’s Collector Inspector and author of How to Think Like a Collector will be available to answ...

Is there a way to change all apypal addresses?

I was adding a BIN to a listing when I noticed the Paypal address was wrong. Turns out it is wrong on ALL my current listings. I guess when I updated Turbo Lister, it reverted back to my old PP addy, which was a personal one. I do not want to have to...

Newbie buyer leaves me a neg

I just received a negative feedback from someone who has 5 feedbacks. She's left 7 feedbacks for sellers, two positives, one neutral & 4 negatives & most are for purchases under $10.00! I think this is a classic case of a newbie who can't read or doe...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.