Anyone else having this many problems with ebay billing? THIS IS UNREAL!!!

audiblefrequency
Community Member
hello,

my problems with ebay billing have been dragging on for close to 7 months now so it is really a long story. i will try to shorten it as much as possible.

about 7 months ago i made a request for a withdrawl from my inactive CAD billing account. the current balance in that account is -$460CAD. since i had no credit card on file at the time i made the withdrawl request by cheque. i received an email stating that my request was in the works and it would take up 45 business days to process this request. so i wait patiently and nothing. i email ebay billing and they tell me that there was some sort of problem and it has been taken care of and the request is being processed again. so i wait another couple months and again nothing. so i email them again and they say there was another problem and it has been taken care of. this time i replied to that message and i was personally assured by Robert from billing that the refund was being proccessed. so i wait another couple months and again, NOTHING!!

as you can tell by that time i was starting to lose my patience, but this story is still FAR from over.

i send robert another email message. this time i made sure that i showed him i was getting very impatient with this. the response from robert is something that complicated this situation even further. i was informed that the refund was already processed using the credit card on file which happens to be my paypal debit card. everything seemed well and good with the exception of the fact that i never received these funds in my paypal account and i specifically asked that this refund be processed using a cheque. i would assume the numerous emails sent between robert and myself using the term "cheque" was nothing but a waste of time.

my account status still shows -$460CAD. this refund was never processed. there is no evidence of ANY activity on my CAD account within the last 4 months. i am being told that i already received the refund yet i did not.

i also called ebay power seller support and i was told i should stick with robert regarding this problem. i was also told that any refund that would of been processed would of shown up on my monthly statements which are totally blank in the last 4 months. i was also told that my account balance would be $0 yet it still shows $-460CAD.

robert said he would look into this matter further. that was 3 weeks ago. i still have not received a response.

what on earth do i do?? any advice?

Derek
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hello Derek,

I would suggest that you call Powersellers accounting dept. and request with proof such as an authorization number or other proof that the refund was sent out. If you need Powersellers hotline call 1-866-515-3229 and be persistant (call everyday if you have to they will get tired and someone will look into this matter a little more closely).

I had a situation where they withdrew $3000.00 from my credit by accident I called a few times and the matter was taken care no more then 2 weeks.

Good Luck !

Frederic
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Just curious...how do end up with a credit balance with eBay?

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
I had a credit balance because I switched from Can currency to US, and I had some listing fees refunded that created a credit.

I have been waiting 3 months for a check. Needless to say, I am not holding my breath waiting for it. I don't think I will ever see it.

Rob
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

audiblefrequency
Community Member
I had a negative balance for the same reasons as "rd1000".

RD1000- How much do they owe you? if it has been 3 months then chances are good that you being put through the same loop I am. You are going to have to raise hell.

I called ther powerseller hotline and they kept instructing me to deal with Robert. They also told me to ask to speak with Robert's supervisor.

So i emailed robert again and asked him to have a supervisor to call me. their response was this...

"Hello Derek,

Thank you for writing back to eBay. I will appreciate the opportunity
to
assist you further with your refund concerns.

I have heard back from our Refends Department and they have indicated
that they will not be able to process a check refund for this amount.

They have instructed you to contact your card issuer to process a
chargeback reversal. If you dispute the charge through them, you will
get the charge reversed back on your card.

I was happy to have assisted you again today. Thank you for choosing
eBay.

Regards,

Robert W. P.
Billing Support"

Something seems off about that??? Why on earth are they unable to process this by check? why do I have to file a chargeback? Is it even possible to file a chargeback with the paypal debit card?
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
It is only 4 or 5 dollars. I can't even remember so it is not worth repeated calls to ebay. I tried to have it applied to my US balance, but of course they couldn't do that.

I cannot believe they are asking you to do a chargeback! Not only is there paperwork and trouble for you to go through, but some cards only allow two chargebacks per year, and in my case I use my credit card for ebay auctions and like to know I have the protection against fraudulent sellers.

What a rediculous suggestion. And totally uncalled for. I would say ebay is just hoping you will give up, like I did. What a sad way to treat paying customers.

Rob
Message 6 of 6
latest reply