how do you combine shipping fee when buy it now more than 2 items from same seller?

ttdnn
Community Member

Im purchasing an "buy it now" item and I would want to buy another one from the same seller. I messaged her to ask if she can combine the shipping fee for me since i would want to buy 2 of the items and to sent to the same address. She replied that she didnt know how to do that and all she will do is sent the item to "ebay" to do that. 

Is there a way to combine the shipping fee for me in this case? Thank you very much for your help! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

how do you combine shipping fee when buy it now more than 2 items from same seller?

Your seller absolutely should know how to Combine Shipping for you. It's his/her job to establish the Combined Shipping rules under which in his/her store the shipping for multiple items will be combined. 

I can't think of a nice way to say this so I'll just throw it out there rudely: your seller sounds like a bit of a flake. If it were me as the buyer, I'd dump those items from my cart and move on to another seller (there are 25 million of us out here) and find one who knows the basics of how to do things.

If you're having trouble before purchase in getting a seller to 'get' what you need from them, you're likely to have trouble after they have your money in their pocket too. 

Again, my apologies for putting it bluntly.

Best of luck to you as you carry forward with this. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If the seller is using the Global Shipping Program, no , she can't combine and discount shipping charges.

Every purchase under the GSP must be separate and cannot be combined.

Which is not to say that the seller can't ship all your purchases in one box. She just can't change the shipping.

If you have several purchases or if your purchases will be a significant amount ($100 yes, $10 no) ask the seller to set up a private listing for you with the items and agreed upon pricing and shipping.

She can even put all the prices and shipping fees into the asking price and use Free Shipping , which has a few benefits for her. To make the deal more interesting.

This works best if the title of the listing is your eBayID and if there is a very short (24 hours?) deadline on completing the transaction.

As long as she uses USPS First Class International Parcel shipping and specifically does not enable the GSP, this will take care of the original problem.

Note that duty and sales tax may still be assessed and charged, but not until it reaches Canada.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply