iPhone Batteries on eBay

After I received several complete garbage iPhone batteries from eBay sellers and eBay ripped my return to seller charges, I decided to ask sellers provide the following info before I pay via PayPal, and to my amazement none of sellers dared providing these info before my payment:

IPhone Battery Purchase Policy

Dear seller,

Please attach to your eBay response to this eBay Message, a high resolution/legible scan of exact battery side to be shipped showing clearly the following information:
1) Manufacturer's name
2) Manufactured date
3) Serial Number
4) Battery other specifications

After examining battery specifications payments will be processed and you will ship the exact battery as you presented in your attached scanned image. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: iPhone Batteries on eBay

marnotom!
Community Member

What do you mean by "battery other specifications"?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

My question would be to you.

Why are you buying iPhone batteries on eBay?

Although a lot of products are produced in China, and I presume that your reference to being "ripped" refers to the very high cost of tracked shipping overseas, the brand name products are produced under strict contracts to strict standards.

Manufacturers not meeting those standards lose the contracts.

All acceptable products are purchased by the brand, and sold through licensed retailers who buy from the brand.

Any other product, and let me repeat ANY other product, will not meet those standards.

No matter how cheap it appears to be, it will not perform properly, will probably end your warranty, and may damage your instrument.

So again.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I can't believe eBay allows crook sellers offer these garbage batteries to eBay buyers. Sellers even blacked out manufacturing date and other major spec on battery photos for sale or auction and eBay management is witnessing this but does nothing hence promoting & encouraging crook sellers take over most of eBay online stores. I see a very gloomy dark future for eBay should this practice continue any further.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Sellers even blacked out manufacturing date and other major spec on battery photos

red-flag-situations.gif

Message 5 of 5
latest reply