refund did not go thru, gave paypal refund myself, how do I inform ebay

buyer requested refund but it did not go through paypal something went wrong...so I sent the buyer the money myself thru paypals send money option..?now how do I inform ebay?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I think you need to call Customer Service about this. I'm not certain they will be able to see that you sent money this way. You may have to ask for a conference call with paypal to confirm funds were sent to the right person. Go to Help & Contact at the top or bottom of the page and work your way throng the options until you find something under Selling Problems that comes close and then click Contact Us.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@thevillagecuriosityshop wrote:

buyer requested refund but it did not go through paypal something went wrong...so I sent the buyer the money myself thru paypals send money option..?now how do I inform ebay?

Unless it is an out-dated refund, always do the refund through Resolution Center.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thanks I did go thru proper channel but paypal mixed things up ,,,,will call ebay   

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@thevillagecuriosityshop wrote:

That happened to me a few days ago.  I had sufficient money in my PayPal account to cover the refund; however, PP took it out of my bank account instead.  It took me a day to figure out that this had happened.  This meant that the buyer had to wait over a week for the refund.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply