Ebay try to scam me and Intelcom too

tbwwdtw
Community Member

Hi, 

i bought an expensive item on Ebay ( $2600 ) last Friday i received an email from Intelcom tell me your package is delivered with attached to the email  "proof" of signature which was a scribble of "N/A" and a picture with two packages on the floor. 

After work I will go to the lobby and no package for me, no package on my front door. I live in a huge building with more than a hundred flats. So I called Monday intelcom after almost one hour on the phone. They found nothing wrong and confirmed the delivery address was good. Ask them about the signature they told is the standard procedure. 

I don't understand what standard she is talking about because when i buy a high value item i need to move to Canada Post to sign myself or with DHL i can sign online and choose where i can go to pick up my package.  So I ask Ebay to refund me because it is not acceptable to send with GSP with no delivery security for the buyer.

First they tell me yes I will receive a full refund. I received yesterday an email to confirm that and today Ebay told me I will receive no refund because the signature ( N/A) is good so move on.  Now what ?  intelcom gave me no update. Ebay changed their mind. I'm tired of fighting people because they don't do their work well. If you have any ideas, let me know. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Ebay try to scam me and Intelcom too

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

The signature service ENDS at the GSP center according to eBay!!! Where the signature needs to be required is for final delivery. With the customer. That would be my interpretation.

Seeing as that page you found is on the .com site and is designed for sellers using the Global Shipping Program, I read it as a statement of best practices for these sellers.  Since the seller isn't shipping the item directly to its final destination, they're not the ones who require signature confirmation to be protected, and the paragraph you "red-lighted" states that the seller isn't required to use it when shipping to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky.

Since Pitney Bowes DBA the GSP is responsible for the shipment once it arrives at the Global Shipping Center, it's their call as to whether they want to use a signature-based service for shipment within the item's destination country, not the seller's call.

As the seller has no control over the last mile carrier, the way I read it is that if they have faith that their choice of carrier to the Global Shipping Center is going to do its job properly, there's no reason for them to use a signature-confirmed service.  The part you "red-lighted" refers to the seller's practices, not those of PBI/the GSP or last-mile carriers.

Message 21 of 43
latest reply

It isn't a guarantee, but filing a police report and showing it to ebay will make it more likely that will refund you.

tyler@ebay 

Any suggestions for this original poster on how to be made whole by ebay?

I've heard a few of these stories about Intelcom leaving parcels for apartment dwellers in a public spot and then the parcel goes missing.  The gsp really needs to reconsider using Intelcom  for deliveries to apartments. 

Message 22 of 43
latest reply

Not lucky today i received this message from ebay: 

I'm contacting you about the leadership request towards the claim 5289766704 filed for GIANNIS ANTETOKOUNMPO BGS 9 2013-14 PANINI PREFERRED #116 PURPLE AUTO 11/25 RC (175146198516) sold by mc_sportscards. After reviewing your concern, I immediately wanted to take a minute to reach out to you to discuss the outcome of this claim. Since I wasn’t able to reach you at the phone number on file, I will continue over email.

I understand you opened a case because you didn't receive the item. I'm sorry to hear the transaction did not go as expected, and understand that you would like the case to be resolved since you did not sign for the package. Reviewing the tracking information does show that package was signed for on delivery based on the history provided. Any individual who resides at the address would be able to sign for the package to confirm the delivery.

No, I need to chargeback with my credit card company. Ebay won't help me even after intelcom confirmed my email with no signature for the package and told me to ask Ebay to refund me so it stinks because intelcom knows it has a problem with the delivery. 

Message 23 of 43
latest reply

I will try like you said twitter and facebook. Already filed a police report but I don't think they do anything about that. 

Message 24 of 43
latest reply

Ebay already made their decision about my case ... No refund because N/A is a real signature for them and the email from intelcom is not real proof so they don't take this doc for the case. It is a joke now 😅

Message 25 of 43
latest reply

I don't understand why people would pay so much if Ebay washed their hands after the package hit Erlanger. After that you can struggle alone with your issues. 

Message 26 of 43
latest reply

You are right sir it is the last answer from intelcom: 

Hello,    

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.    

Our deliverers follow public health procedures which consist of not asking for a signature and signing with N / A to help limit the contamination of Covid-19 and help flatten the curve. Instead, the driver will ask for the receiver's name and will note it on file. The delivery man indicates that he gave the package to "Barbera".   

If no one has received the package, it is likely that the courier delivered it to the wrong address nearby and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.   

In order to speed up your compensation process and to avoid any further delays, you will need to contact the seller. 

Thank you, 

intelcom don't care about package delivery it delivery i guess wrong or good address it is the same for them 

Message 27 of 43
latest reply

Instead, the driver will ask for the receiver's name and will note it on file. The delivery man indicates that he gave the package to "Barbera".   

Can the apartment supervisor help with the identity of Barbera? Perhaps she is the super and has been holding the package for you? (Although if she were, it would make sense to leave a note in the tenant's mail box.)

...if they have faith that their choice of carrier to the Global Shipping Center is going to do its job properly, there's no reason for them to use a signature-confirmed service.

The seller needs Signature Confirmation even to Erlanger, because Delivery Confirmation is not considered adequate.

If the seller did not use SC on a $2600 item the buyer could claim non-delivery and get a refund, even with the GSP in play.  The Seller Protection of the GSP (and above all GSP is a Seller Protection program) would not be valid without the Signature proving receipt.

Message 28 of 43
latest reply

Barbera is the name on the shipping label, not the signature. There is no signature at all intelcom confirms for me in the email. Ebay made a final decision on my case :

This case is now closed Hi LINDA, We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase. However, the seller provided tracking information that shows the item was delivered to your address. After reviewing all the details of this case, we determined that you won't receive a refund. See case details GIANNIS ANTETOKOUNMPO BGS 9 2013-14 PANINI PREFERRED #116 PURPLE AUTO 11/25 RC Order number: 03-08309-47993 Seller: mc_sportscards Quantity: 1 Case #: 5289766704 Case opened: Mar 9, 2022 Case closed: Mar 17, 2022

Message 29 of 43
latest reply

tbwwdtw
Community Member

Barbera is the name on the shipping label, not the signature. There is no signature at all intelcom confirms for me in the email. Ebay made a final decision on my case : This case is now closed Hi LINDA, We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase. However, the seller provided tracking information that shows the item was delivered to your address. After reviewing all the details of this case, we determined that you won't receive a refund. See case details GIANNIS ANTETOKOUNMPO BGS 9 2013-14 PANINI PREFERRED #116 PURPLE AUTO 11/25 RC Order number: 03-08309-47993 Seller: mc_sportscards Quantity: 1 Case #: 5289766704 Case opened: Mar 9, 2022 Case closed: Mar 17, 2022

Message 30 of 43
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

The seller needs Signature Confirmation even to Erlanger, because Delivery Confirmation is not considered adequate.

If the seller did not use SC on a $2600 item the buyer could claim non-delivery and get a refund, even with the GSP in play.  The Seller Protection of the GSP (and above all GSP is a Seller Protection program) would not be valid without the Signature proving receipt.

Dot-com's Signature Confirmation Policy makes it pretty clear that sellers using the Global Shipping Program do not need to apply signature confirmation to their GSP-forwarded shipments.  Check the third paragraph below the heading "Requirements for sellers when shipping orders."

It's actually a pretty sensible requirement.  It's unlikely that an INR request or dispute could be filed before the item is received by the Global Shipping Center.  Once the item is received, the seller is relieved of their responsibility for the item's safe passage.  Should the item not make it to Erlanger, the lack or presence of signature confirmation isn't going to make a difference anyway and the seller will be filing an insurance claim with the party with whom they insured it.

The signature confirmation for the OP's item was either instigated by Pitney Bowes/the GSC, a logistics company contracted on their behalf.  or Intelcom as part of their modus operandi.  It was not something put in place by the seller.

Message 31 of 43
latest reply

So I have no protection and no recourse ?

Message 32 of 43
latest reply

@tbwwdtw wrote:

So I have no protection and no recourse ?

Depends on how you paid.  Check my suggestions in message 13 if you haven't done so already.

Message 33 of 43
latest reply

I paid with my credit card i contact them today to open a chargeback 

Message 34 of 43
latest reply

Good.  Please keep us posted.

Message 35 of 43
latest reply

Credit card company will investigate with Ebay what is going on so I'm not sure I will have my refund. It is the first time for me to do a chargeback. 

Message 36 of 43
latest reply

Sudden thought:  Does your credit card issuer offer purchase insurance?  If so, would it cover something like this?

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

Howdy- I may muddying the waters a bit, and I hope that I'll not confuse you, but this happened to me in June 2021.

The item was $400.00. Had the same Intelcom **bleep**ola, tho' at least the driver tried to contct me before he left the packet in front of my door... After the initial contact w/ eBay, I was told that I needed to file a police report, Which I did. I then filed an "item not rec'd" clain w/ eBay.

It was denied.

I then filed an appeal, uploading my copy of the police report as my proof of non-delivery.  There was a ridiculous amount of back and forth on this (the request was 'lost' in the bowels of eBay), but I did recieve my money back- after 45 days!

After all was said and done, I learned that-

Always contact eBay via the Chat feature (I don't have socail media) or of course SM if you have it. The 'phone folks can't actually help you.

You are going to have to put in some legwork to get your refund.  I contacted eBay five times in that 45 day period. It was exhausting, often frustrating, and it seemed unfair somehow, but the system "is what it is" I guess.

Intelcom blows chunks. They were unhelpful in the extreme, and I just don't order GSP items anymore as a result of this incedent.

I wish you luck in getting your refund.

Message 38 of 43
latest reply

yeah this is really unfortunate.  the most unfortunate part of this is as far as ebay is concerned, its not their fault intelcom have flawed and highly unpredictable service standards.  Some staff I've noticed are very diligent and good at their jobs.  Others, you dont want delivering your item.  There's no way to predict who is going to be delivering your item, its pure luck of the draw.  They did same thing last week at my building, just threw an item on the floor in front of the secure door and left it there.  I noticed the intelcom sticker on it and thought 'yup thats about right' haha.  I picked it up and hand delivered it to the fellow as god knows what happened to you would have happened to him if I left it there.  

This is a multifaceted problem.  Intelcom are perpetual cellar dwellers in the land of parcel delivery and staff turnover rates must be insanely high.  The hours and expectations are sky high, probably unattainable so workers cut corners and do stuff like this because they cant get thru the amount of work theyve been given in the time theyve been allotted, and cant afford to keep coming back when folks arent home.  So they just ditch stuff like this, and move on.  I didnt know the n/a signature was a 'standard practice', thats frightening.  Where is the consumer trust in a practice like this?  Wait a second - there is none, because they are just delivering stuff, and have developed a protocol to handle it, no matter how dodgy it is.  In terms of addressing this specific problem, we as consumers are pretty much hooped I think, although the well heeled may want to find a lawyer who specializes in whatever type of law this falls under, they may get somewhere with it.  However you want to color it this is really bad consumer practice, full stop.  

Intelcom were used by amazon years ago, I remember looking them up as I had never heard of them, they started in Quebec in the early 70s I think.  I ended up complaining endlessly to amazon about them about stuff like this, its interesting to know ebay has started to use them too, I had no idea.  I dont use amazon much anymore so I have no idea if they still use them to the degree they used to.   If I had any choice in the matter there's no way I'd use intelcom for anything, they are just too unpredictable.   Will ebay revisit their contract with intelcom?  when contract is up for review maybe with tons of bad reviews but we dont know when or if that is on the horizon let alone if it will ever occur.   The only thing we can do is hope enough people are complaining about stuff like this happening to them so it forces change.  

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

good for you.  you'll see results this way, cc companies dont phart around on issues like this.  

Message 40 of 43
latest reply