How to leave a bad feedback for Pitney Bows Global Shipping Service?

vidas_m
Community Member
Hi, How can I leave bad feedback for Pitney Bows Global Shipping Service? I do not want to punish Seller with 3stars instead of 5, as they shipped item same day, but Seller is using Pitney Bows for shipping and that company have my parcel for 4 days without any movement. So Seller shipped on time, but shipping service they choose is total **bleep** - how can I mark that? Also, is there a way to filter out Ebay search results so they would not even show in the future items that are shipped using Pitney Bows Global Shipping Service?
Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: How to leave a bad feedback for Pitney Bows Global Shipping Service?

Now that I can see the listing for the phone you purchased, I see that there's no country of manufacture stated in the Item Specifics section of the listing and the seller has a warning to international buyers about customs charges.  They may not even realize that the Global Shipping Program has been applied to the listing.

I also see that you've purchased the "international" version of the S8+ and this may have raised a red flag in Erlanger.  The phones that I purchased were programmed for the US market.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

With this new information, I more strongly suspect this specific purchase of this specific item is the source of the delay.
Message 22 of 30
latest reply

It was the Seven that exploded, not the Eight.

https://www.wired.com/2017/01/why-the-samsung-galaxy-note-7-kept-exploding/

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I wouldn't necessarily trust the folks at the hub to differentiate between them.
Message 24 of 30
latest reply

vidas_m
Community Member

Update on my case:

So I ordered item July 18th, it was supposed to arrive July 26-31, it arrived July 27th. I am still very unhappy with 5 day hold at KY distribution center and no communication while they were holding my phone.

And phone arrived in opened box - that is seal on the box was broken. Seller claims that they shipped sealed box. As same seller sold 100+ phone and feedback on phones is positive, I have to believe seller that they sold sealed phone and GSP opened my phone. This is really messed up if they do that. At least TSA add a note to luggage when they open for inspection at airports. Here there were no notes and phone had fingerprints on the screen protector.

So bottom line - I am really not happy with GSP, good thing is that we have more options for ordering (Amazon.ca, amazon.com, aliexpress, etc).

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Or you could choose to use any of the millions of individual eBay sellers who DON'T use offer the Global Shipping Program. 

If the seal on the box is an isssue to you, consider opening an Item Not as Described case. Did the listing state explicitly the phone box would be sealed? 

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@vidas_m wrote:

And phone arrived in opened box - that is seal on the box was broken. Seller claims that they shipped sealed box. As same seller sold 100+ phone and feedback on phones is positive, I have to believe seller that they sold sealed phone and GSP opened my phone. This is really messed up if they do that. At least TSA add a note to luggage when they open for inspection at airports. Here there were no notes and phone had fingerprints on the screen protector.

The items that my wife and I have received that have been forwarded by the GSP have had labels on the outside stating that they've been "resealed by the Global Shipping Program" but, of course, that gives no indication of what's gone on with the item itself.

I suspect there's no other notes with your item because the terms and conditions you agreed to (on http://pages.ebay.ca/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html) state "Pitney Bowes is authorized to open and inspect any GSP item without notice".  Given that there appears to be some questions raised about whether it was legal to import your phone into Canada, somebody may have figured that getting their fingerprints all over it was the best way to determine this.  Also don't forget that the seller didn't provide Pitney Bowes with the phone's country of origin/manufacture, so that had to be done somehow, too.

Hopefully the "inspector" didn't try to figure out how to use the UK power adapter that came with the phone.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

vinage
Community Member

@ vidas_m 

Simply do not click on the stars next to the shipping - the seller will not be rated - and send a message to the seller explaining your frustration about the Global Shipping Program.

For future orders, when a seller (of an item you wish to purchase) uses GSP, email them beforehand and ask them whether they would consider shipping through USPS with tracking, and what the cost would be.  Most sellers are happy to accommodate. 

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

most searches limited to "Canada Only", will produce little to no results because our market is so much smaller than the US. eBay, do Canada a favor and scrap your GSP to our country, it's the worst shipping program I have ever experienced!
Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 30 of 30
latest reply