I try to pay for an item but get a message,the merchant has requested authorization.

Connot pay for item,get message,The merchant has requested an authorization for the payment...
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I try to pay for an item but get a message,the merchant has requested authorization.

What method of payment are you using? If it is a pre-paid card they don't usually work unless connected to PayPal. Is it a Visa Debit card? They may be waiting for confirmation funds are in account.

If you are using the recommended payment methods of Visa, Mastercard, PayPal or Google Pay it should be immediate. If there is an icon showing an hour glass they are just verifying funds (depending on payment method) and it should be cleared fairly quickly.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi-I also received this on two transactions from the UK. I was trying to pay via paypal but I just got blue circles with that message at the bottom of the page and no explanation. No payment went through. I had to switch to an alternate method of a credit card although I had my paypal in good order with both funds and credit card through that system available. It would not seem to accept my paypal and I am not sure why. I asked the seller and they said they have not changed their settings and that paypal payments were fine at their end.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Were the "authorization" messages received through your email or through eBay Messages?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It was on the bottom of the checkout page where you have to select your payment method.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply