Order Total Not Correct?

I was just going through my purchase history and noticed that some of my purchases the total is incorrect and I'm not sure why so I thought I'd post here first in case I'm missing something.

See below two examples of purchases that I made.  These were made on .com in USD. 

The first one should be $25.05, the second $50.39.

Thanks.

ebay-charges.jpg

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Order Total Not Correct?

Are you trying to correlate what your PayPal payment says versus your order total? Currency conversion and conversion fees are likely responsible for the incongruity.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Order Total Not Correct?

You're likely correct that the exchange rate may have something to do with the total being slightly different than the two or three charges added together, @momcqueen.  Still, $12.00 and $13.05 should not yield a sum of $25.85 in usual circumstances.

@greenmangoes, what do these transactions look like when you view them on the .ca site, converted to Canadian dollars?  How do the charge breakdown and total appear when you view the transactions on the PayPal site?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Order Total Not Correct?

On .ca

Item 1 - Total: 32.80 | charged: 33.85
Item 2 - Total: 64.84 | charged: 65.87

On Paypal it's showing what I'm being charged in my first post.   If there is a conversation should it still not add up?

Thanks

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Order Total Not Correct?

I don't pay much attention to ebay's version of each charge or the total in Canadian dollars, what counts is paypal, that's where you will see the actual charges, the conversion rate ,etc,
Paypal charges are always higher than ebay 's.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Order Total Not Correct?

Is there a credit card involved in funding the purchase?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Order Total Not Correct?

What's the breakdown of the charges?  Are the converted charges in proportion with the US dollar charges?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Order Total Not Correct?

Sorry, that should be a reply to @greenmangoes
Message 8 of 8
latest reply