Problems with Intelcom Express devlivery

alexstoev182
Community Member

I am not going to complain about the Global Shipping Program. We all know it sucks.

Today I've received an email that a package was delivered by Intlecom Express, while they never attempted to deliver it atll.

My dog started barking so I came downstairs and saw a white Nisan van pulled up to my driveway. I thought finally my package arrived. The driver looked disoriented, looking through the passanger door, then went to the back and after few mintues left. He pulled few meters away from my driveway and contiuned searching in the back of his van - nothing.

Later on I've received the email saying my package was delivered. Really???

I contacted ebay and now they want me to file a police report. Really? WHY?

Why wasting taxpayers money since I have proof that the package was not stolen, it was never delivered.

Do you guys have similar experience? I have front door camera footage.

We need to stand up and protect ourselves. Enough with this BS from delivery companies. They hire unqualifed drivers for low pay and now we expect service.

And don't get me started on this Global Shipping Program. It is such a waste of time, but on the other hand I understand ebay is trying to save money on S/H.

I guess ebay lost a customer. Yea, I know, I have not done much, I have only 76 transactions for the last 10 years, but that's the last one from me.

Alex out. Good buy ebay, you lost one customer.

Regards

Alex

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Problems with Intelcom Express devlivery

@alexstoev182 wrote:

I am not going to complain about the Global Shipping Program. We all know it sucks.

Today I've received an email that a package was delivered by Intlecom Express, while they never attempted to deliver it atll.

My dog started barking so I came downstairs and saw a white Nisan van pulled up to my driveway. I thought finally my package arrived. The driver looked disoriented, looking through the passanger door, then went to the back and after few mintues left. He pulled few meters away from my driveway and contiuned searching in the back of his van - nothing.

Later on I've received the email saying my package was delivered. Really???

I contacted ebay and now they want me to file a police report. Really? WHY?

Why wasting taxpayers money since I have proof that the package was not stolen, it was never delivered.

Do you guys have similar experience? I have front door camera footage.

We need to stand up and protect ourselves. Enough with this BS from delivery companies. They hire unqualifed drivers for low pay and now we expect service.

And don't get me started on this Global Shipping Program. It is such a waste of time, but on the other hand I understand ebay is trying to save money on S/H.

I guess ebay lost a customer. Yea, I know, I have not done much, I have only 76 transactions for the last 10 years, but that's the last one from me.

Alex out. Good buy ebay, you lost one customer.

Regards

Alex

As a btw with Intelcom and Amazon they email/text a customer policy after delivery with a photo of the drop point. Not sure if Amazon and eBay have a similar arrangement because that info is very well hidden by eBay. If there was something like this in place it might be a bit more helpful to customers when a delivery is made.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@alexstoev182 

As an afterthought you may want to go on a treasurehunt for your parcel. Drivers are instructed to not leave in plain sight. They may have found a very good hiding spot for your parcel.

An aquaintance of mine got a notice of a delivery during the winter. Parcel was marked deliver to back door for basement suite. Turns out the driver tossed on front upper balcony and it snowed that night. Package was discovered after a melt. Soggy but no worse for wear several days later.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

but on the other hand I understand ebay is trying to save money on S/H.

Well, no.

The Global Shipping Program is a Seller Protection program.

When the seller's package gets to the GSP plant in Kentucky, the seller's responsibility for delivery is over.

No promises for any savings to anyone.

It's quite possible that eBay pays PitneyBowes to run the programme for them. We don't know.

OTOH- the GSP actually has a pretty good name for taking care of unhappy buyers. Basically, they have good insurance and don't waste time fighting over pennies.

So.

You want your item or a refund.

I'd certainly be doing the suggested Search. The dazed and confused driver probably did leave it 'somewhere' .  Is there any clue in the footage? Do you have a side door that is not often used? A BBQ on the porch?* Maybe one of those patio cushion storage boxes?

Then phone Intelecom Express- this needs the personal touch so no emails-- and explain, politely, your problem, mentioning, politely your footage. Ask them to have a chat with the driver. Politely.

If they insist the package was delivered, and since the tracking shows delivery, you're probably stuck with that, open a Not As Described dispute in the Resolution Centre below.  It's NAD because it was not delivered securely and undamaged, it was in fact invisible. Don't go into detail about what the NAD is though.

Like I say, GSP has good insurance.

But really bad taste in choosing sub contracting delivery services.

*That's a weird one, but apparently a lot of Americans do. They are foreigners, aren't they?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

alexstoev182
Community Member

Thank you all for the great ideas/suggesions/stories. I will try to reach out to Intelcom today.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

alexstoev182
Community Member

Guys here is my update:

This morning I contacted Intelcom Express (as this was recommended here). Spoke with them and they assured me that I will get my money back. I insisted that I don't want my money, I want my item and told them that I understand the driver may have made a mistake (and I don't really care) if he can find my missing item and deliver it. They located the driver and 30 minutes ago, my item was at my door.

Thank you very much guys for all your help.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@alexstoev182 wrote:

Guys here is my update:

This morning I contacted Intelcom Express (as this was recommended here). Spoke with them and they assured me that I will get my money back. I insisted that I don't want my money, I want my item and told them that I understand the driver may have made a mistake (and I don't really care) if he can find my missing item and deliver it. They located the driver and 30 minutes ago, my item was at my door.

Thank you very much guys for all your help.

One more after afterthought for anyone expecting parcels with Intelcom, Purolator, Fedex, Canpar etc...When you know you are expecting a delivery sometime that day, try to be around for its arrival. That way if you have any special requirements you can pass them on the old fashioned way. In person. Sometimes all it takes is a gentle nudge and as Femme stated some politeness and you will hopefully  find your deliveries wherever is best suited or safest.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I got three emails while I was at home, two from Ebay and one from Intelcom, congratulating themselves on another successful delivery, "your item has been delivered" etc. Ah, no it wasn't, at least not to this address. Their driver posted a pic of  scribbled NA as proof of delivery, those are not my initials and no one came to this house. Tried to contact them immediately but to no avail, left a message in their "how did we do" rating section and heard squat.
Contacted them today and was told I was SOL as far as they were concerned, they had no interest in finding the errant driver and my only recourse was to go after the seller. I pointed out that the seller did nothing wrong and was blameless, it was their stupid driver who screwed up so why should the seller pay for their mistake. They replied that that was their policy as I was probably trying to scam them, what a bunch of a-holes. This could have been a easy fix but now I am out the money paid including shipping which was more than I paid for the item.
I went back to Ebay, found another one and bought it, (yeah I never learn) hopefully it isn't shipped with this **bleep**ty, uncaring company.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I think you should be getting in touch with eBay's GSP crew-- because there are many reports of poor performance by this company.

Also- if you can -- Yelp review.

Rude responses from the phone representatives (always provided you were able to keep your own temper, which can be difficult) are the worst news for company management.

https://intelcom.ca/en/contact/

But wandering around their website, I think I see the problem.

They are a 'gig' economy company. They are hiring random people to complete deliveries.

Like DoorDash and Uber.

https://intelcom.ca/en/independent-delivery-contractor/

tyler@ebay  wont' be in the office this week. But perhaps he has a useful few suggestions on how to contact GPS about this **bleep**-poor  choice for last mile delivery.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

But wandering around their website, I think I see the problem.

They are a 'gig' economy company. They are hiring random people to complete deliveries.

Like DoorDash and Uber.

https://intelcom.ca/en/independent-delivery-contractor/

That's my hypothesis for Apple Express as well, for what it's worth.

Intelcom also seems to have its share of complaints from Amazon buyers, although most of them seem to go back a few years.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @reallynicestamps - I'm sorry to hear that there have been such poor experiences with IntelCom as a delivery service. I'll get these shared with the shipping team!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

cmb68
Community Member
I hadn’t had issue with Intelcom Express until this week. I received an email notification on Wednesday saying item was delivered. The proof of delivery had a large NA. I live in a condo and all deliveries are inventoried by the concierge who then email you directly. There was no item delivered. When I called Intelcom Express they said we will look into it and respond with 24 hours. They said I may need to “Contact the Seller for a refund”…… Seems like everyone did their part getting item from the USA to Canada until Intelcom Exoress handled it.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I wish there's a way to choose what carrier to use once the package is in Canada. I'd rather deal with CanadaPost or UPS than Intelcom. They tried to ship my product on Wed. Sep. 15, but I wasn't home. I told them I won't be home the next day, but will be on Fri. Sep.17.  However they actually tried to ship on the 16th (when I'm not home), but didn't come on the 17th (when I am). 

I called them up to see if they can deliver to a pickup location (e.g. CanadaPost FlexDelivery address), but they said no. I can't wait all day again for them to arrive, considering I don't know when they'll try to deliver. I told them that if I'm not home the next time they try to deliver, to just slide the package inside my building's complex. (it's a condo with a gate to the courtyard). In a way, I don't care if a porch pirate takes it away, I just don't want to deal with Intelcom again.

Jason

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I've got a huge beef with several items I purchased on eBay, on which I paid a lot of money for shipping from the US to Canada. They say there's a delay in delivery because of a natural disaster!! BC had some flooding, but my area is completely accessible!! So **bleep**!!
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Just found this thread, as l was looking for others with a similar experience with Intelcom.  Please have the Global Shipping Team look into Intelcom Express delivery ethics.  Delivery was due Dec 8th, but out of delivery on the 13th, "attempt" made on Dec 14th (I highly doubt, since I was home ALL day) and returned to warehouse on the 14th (time stamps 12:51am and 2:41am)... there was NO severe weather conditions on the 14th either.  Unfortunately I have one maybe two other eBay items out with Intelcom... I guess we'll see if they arrive?!?!  Amazon drivers and Canada Post had no such delivery problems on December 14th...hmmm

Thank mike

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 17 of 17
latest reply