Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

Re: Why is eBay charging duty on items selling in the US? I will not pay duty in advance.

GSP users in general are not likely to be the brightest spoon in the drawer. Competent and experienced sellers  who would understand what you are doing would not be using the GSP in the first place.

I think I will embroider this on a sampler.

Message 1981 of 3,104
latest reply

Re: Why is eBay charging duty on items selling in the US? I will not pay duty in advance.

I am sure it will look reallynice.

Message 1982 of 3,104
latest reply

I'm located in Montreal. Does the shipping usually fall into the estimated delivery dates given?

All postal systems are optimistic about delivery date.

If you need something by a specific date, buy locally and if necessary pay the premium.

In my experience, it takes 20 days for a parcel to arrive from the USA. (10-15 from Europe/ 30 from Asia).

Also, I'm guessing the pkg will be deliver with Canadapost? 

Probably, but CanPar is sometimes also used by PitneyBowes.

If you are not home at delivery, both leave a delivery slip in your mailbox.

Message 1983 of 3,104
latest reply

It might be a best seller in Canada?  Smiley LOL

Message 1984 of 3,104
latest reply

right on, right on, I also never paid duties or brokerage fees when shiped through USPS or  canada post to canada,  thats already added to  their shipping charge.  EBAY you   screw me once but never never twice.  Just another way to get more money for nothing.  buy from canada and take your chances with china.  just my 2cents

Message 1985 of 3,104
latest reply

I buy stuff direct from China with no issues all the time and the sellers I have bought from do not use Global Shipping. I just got screwed with a return to the US and cannot get duties and taxes back so will never use a seller that uses GSP again. Besides why would I buy something from Washington State that gets shipped to Erlanger Kentucky before it comes to me in BC?

GSP tracking info is useless, cost is way higher, delivery takes way longer and one gets a sore butt when one tries to get their money back from GSP. That's four obvious strikes against Global Shipping.

I would like to buy from Canadian sellers but they stomp on the stuff they buy from China too much so I cut out one of the middle men...

Message 1986 of 3,104
latest reply

Does anyone know if they have figured out combined shipping for the GSP??? It really sucks for buying kids clothes or other small ticket items....

Message 1987 of 3,104
latest reply

rykenobl
Community Member

Why are sellers immune to negative feedback for this shipping service of all the ones they could use? Any other bad middleman would rightly net them negative feedback. It's completely fraudulent.

If sellers choose to use shipping solutions that displease customers they should deal with the consequences, there should be no special privilege in that regard for EBAY's middleman.

Message 1988 of 3,104
latest reply

@mamatoabc wrote:

Does anyone know if they have figured out combined shipping for the GSP??? It really sucks for buying kids clothes or other small ticket items....

If you add gsp items from the same seller to the cart, the shipping does get combined.

Message 1989 of 3,104
latest reply

melon.22
Community Member

Is there any way to contact them to change my shipping address? It's sending to my old address and need it changed asap. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Message 1990 of 3,104
latest reply

Where do I enter my tracking number from global shipping program?? Can you send me a link?
Message 1991 of 3,104
latest reply

So I just bought a $300 watch from the U.S with $56 USD GSP plus $12 USD shipping. At my door I have now have an additional $144 plus tax slip left by Canada Post! So $250 Canadian extra on top of the price of the watch what a scam!!! Will never do this again better off shopping at home.

Message 1992 of 3,104
latest reply

So I just bought a $300 watch from the U.S with $56 USD GSP plus $12 USD shipping. At my door I have now have an additional $144 plus tax slip left by Canada Post! So $250 Canadian extra on top of the price of the watch what a scam!!! Will never do this again better off shopping at home.

Can you post a picture of the labels on the package?

This sounds like the seller sent the package direct to your address and bypassed the GSP altogether. If you cannot do a picture at least describe all the labels.

If the seller sent direct you can reclaim the GSP fees.

Did you pay the $144? Can you describe the tax slip. That seems a very high charge. If the item was sent direct and the declared value was inflated, you can reclaim the excess payment from the tax collector.

with evidence of what you actually paid for the item itself.

Message 1993 of 3,104
latest reply

guy-fi
Community Member

Well,

I purchased my eBay item on February 5th and was told to expect my item between the 16th and the 23rd. My Item traveled to Erlanger, KY on the 12th where it was apparently shipped from there to Calgary on the 17th. The problem is that there is no tracking number beyond Erlanger. My item seems to have disappeared. I received a notification from Canada Post indicating that Pitney Bowes Ecommerce created a shipping label but it's utterly useless since the item never made it to Calgary. I thinks it's safe to say I won't be purchasing from any seller in the future that used GSP 

DATE & TIMESTATUS OF ITEMLOCATION

February 12, 2015 , 11:56 pm

Delivered

ERLANGER, KY 41025 

Your item was delivered at 11:56 pm on February 12, 2015 in ERLANGER, KY 41025.

February 12, 2015 , 8:38 am

Arrived at Post Office

CINCINNATI, OH 45235 

February 12, 2015 , 8:37 am

Departed USPS Facility

CINCINNATI, OH 45235 

February 11, 2015 , 7:35 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

CINCINNATI, OH 45235 

February 11, 2015 , 4:40 am

Departed USPS Facility

SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 

February 10, 2015 , 11:02 pm

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 

February 10, 2015 , 2:09 pm

Departed Post Office

PROSPECT, CT 06712 

February 10, 2015 , 1:00 pm

Acceptance

PROSPECT, CT 06712 

Message 1994 of 3,104
latest reply

I received a notification from Canada Post indicating that Pitney Bowes Ecommerce created a shipping label but it's utterly useless since the item never made it to Calgary.

That notification should have had a tracking number that you could use once the package left Kentucky.  Did you check it?

Message 1995 of 3,104
latest reply

compbee
Community Member

I WAS SUPPOSE TO BE GETTNG A PAKAGE FROM EBAY TRACKING NUMBER 1ZA30T680397683479 THIS WAS IN DEC AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT AND DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TRACK IT  

3pk Canon 128 Black Compatible Toner Fits ImageClass D53...

*3pk Canon 128 Black Compatible Toner Fits ImageClass D53...

Message 1996 of 3,104
latest reply

If that number is showing in my ebay I would think that you could click on to see the information but I could be wrong. However,tracking at this point isn't going to do much good as it should have been delivered long ago. You can try opening an item not received case with ebay but chances are that it is too late to do that. You will probably have to phone them and explain the problem. Because it is a gsp item they will hopefully be more willing to work with you.

Message 1997 of 3,104
latest reply

A Paypal claim would be better and not out of time.

Message 1998 of 3,104
latest reply

The purchase was in December and the six month Paypal claim window did not start for Canadians until the first or second week in January. It's not retroactive.

Oh...I just checked and the poster is registered in the U.S. so if they have a U.S. paypal they can still make a claim on Paypal as it started earlier there.

Message 1999 of 3,104
latest reply

How can I get an itemized invoice of the "Import Fees" when purchasing an item that uses the GSP?

I understand that some portion of this is GST, but I can't seem to find a way to get a detailed accounting of this. We are a business and can claim back the GST on things we purchase against items we sell. 

We tried with no success talking to Pitney Bowes. Is there another way?

I think this is illegal to invoice us for taxes but not provide a some form of invoice showing the taxes separately.

Message 2000 of 3,104
latest reply