Registered mail from China to Canada

I was very disappointed in Canada Post customer service.

It was a registered mail suppose to come from China.

It suppose to be trackable number starts with RN and ends in CN, when sent by registered mail right ?

The sender pays extra for that.

Canada post suppose to deliver to the door and get a signature, right?

Yet it not any difference then economy mail if it can't be trackable right.

First time I phoned customer service they tried to find via tracking number.
The agent said it arrived in Canada on Jan 29, 2017.

But it can't tell me where the parcel is now ?

So I asked them to make a complaint to Canada Post about it.

After I week I phoned to customer service they say they can't do anything about my complaint because that is their policy.
I asked them about the tracking for registered mail they told me to check with the sender.
I checked with the sender and sender said Canada Post is terrible in terms of delivery service.

So what  do I do now wait indefinitely without know when and if my parcel will arrive and whether Canada POst will get  signature from me ?

Thanks

PZhong

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Go to the Resolution Centre on either ebay or paypal and open and Item Not Received case.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@zhongjai wrote:

I checked with the sender and sender said Canada Post is terrible in terms of delivery service.

So what  do I do now wait indefinitely without know when and if my parcel will arrive and whether Canada POst will get signature from me ?

If it goes beyond the eBay's estimated delivery time open an Item-Not-Received case (you have 30 days to do that after the last estimated date) and get a refund. When it does arrive you can send the refunded money back to the seller through paypal.

Registered mail for Canada is not tracked online by Canada Post (they stopped doing that after the UK post office went to no tracking for registered from outside the UK).  CPC wants to discourage the use of registered mail and encourage tracked parcels where they make more money.

And your seller is correct that Canada Post is very slow processing mail from China (particularly with the current screening for toxic drugs) -- delivery times are now in the 2-4 month range. Tracked packages are faster.

-..-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have 6 months with Paypal from date of purchase if I don't receive it I can make a claim in Pay Pal resolution centre to get money back, right ?

Zhong

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yes.

But start with the eBay system if you are still within the last estimated Delivery date + 30 days.

Then if there is no satisfaction with that, you still have Paypal in reserve.

And your credit card chargeback policy after that.

Since you trust your seller, let him know that when the shipment arrives you will be able to return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

Also let him know that Registered Mail is not a valid tracking service for eBay, for exactly the reasons that dennis has explained.

It's only polite.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Aha.  I suppose this is why my package from Russia which arrived yesterday is, according to "Aftership" tracking, still awaiting departure from Russia.  It got an Expresspost sticker and all.  Canada Post tracking has never heard of it.  Seems kind of silly, if they go to the trouble of making a sticker and requiring a signature etc., that it isn't also entered in some tracking system.  Oh well.  It's here 🙂

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

That may be the difference between "tracking" and "confirmation of delivery".

The former is registered at every stop along its way.

The latter only when the carrier gets back to the truck (or the station). And may even be forgotten or missed in a stack of papers.

We tend to say "tracking" for both and that causes confusion.

Buyers also do not understand that the reason eBay insists on DC/tracking is part of the Seller Protection programme. A seller accused of non-delivery can brandish that number that shows delivery and the buyer must slink away.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply