Global Shipping Program return from Canada to the US

Hi,

I have an unusual problem. I bought a book from a US seller. The book price was 15 USD, the shipping price through GSP was 24 USD. I got the book, I do not like it at all. I want to return it. I opened the return process and Ebay says the expected refund is 15 USD. 

However, I must send the item back to the seller, and provide a tracking number, which will cost about 15 USD. There is no possibility of getting any return shipping label from the seller, PayPal or Ebay. Opening the case I didn't not choose "item not as described", I did choose "I just don't like it".  I think the only option is to keep the **bleep**py book and forget about any return/refund?

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Even if you were able to return it on the cheap you will not get back the amount you paid to GSP, at best you'll get back the shipping from the Seller to KY

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Probably, but I'm curious:  Why don't you like the book?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

If the seller is trustworthy you can send without tracking and save some money (at the cost of having no eBay protection if the seller says it didn't arrive).

Most cost effective would probably be to re-sell it on eBay.

Even on the A-river the shipping cost is not covered for did-not-like returns.

-..-

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

If the seller is trustworthy you can send without tracking and save some money (at the cost of having no eBay protection if the seller says it didn't arrive).

Most cost effective would probably be to re-sell it on eBay.

Even on the A-river the shipping cost is not covered for did-not-like returns.

-..-

It would be hard to resell - it's worth 10-15 USD max ( the shipping itself will cost 15 USD, so I would need to sell it for 35 + shipping. Rather not possible  ...... ;-(

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

-..-

The book is heavy, so it doesn't qualify to be shipped as Small Packet. And the expedited would cost at least 15-18 USD. 

Thank you for your input!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Well, ...a question about a personal preference. The book was issued in different sizes. I thought I purchased the largest one (my preferred), but I got the small one.  However, the book size was clearly stated in the description, so  I cannot blame the seller. Well ....we often complain here about buyers who are not reading the descriptions ......  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Even if you were able to return it on the cheap you will not get back the amount you paid to GSP, at best you'll get back the shipping from the Seller to KY

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@recped wrote:

That's true! I surrender! Smiley Frustrated

Image1.jpg

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

However, the book size was clearly stated in the description, so  I cannot blame the seller.

Which is a classic Buyer Remorse situation.

If you want to return it to the seller, you have to pay the freight.

Your choice, your responsibility.

Neither the seller, nor eBay, nor Pitney Bowes, nor the Sugar Plum Fairy, bear any responsibility for this.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

However, the book size was clearly stated in the description, so  I cannot blame the seller.

Which is a classic Buyer Remorse situation.

If you want to return it to the seller, you have to pay the freight.

Your choice, your responsibility.

Neither the seller, nor eBay, nor Pitney Bowes, nor the Sugar Plum Fairy, bear any responsibility for this.

Well ...... so I must be some kind of Sugar Plum Fairy then ....... Smiley LOL

2 years ago, a buyer asked me about a return. My answer was: "I am sorry you didn't like the item. I just sent you a full refund, the shipping fee included. Please keep the item, you don't need to ship it back."

Message 10 of 10
latest reply