Two weeks in Erlanger, KY, anyone else?

01seto
Community Member
Anyone else have their tracking not move for over two weeks at the Customs Documentation and Labeling in Erlanger, Kentucky?
The seller says it’s out if their hands due to it being a GSP issue and the eBay customer service agent filed an order not arrived refund request. This is odd to me especially when it’s out if the seller’s hands too. Why not contact GSP for confirmation? Any incite would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What date did eBay give you for delivery?

If the last estimated date has passed you can open a Not Received (INR) claim with eBay.

This will not affect your seller.

GSP is very good about refunding on INRs. They have good insurance and don't take it personally.

Bonus- if the item shows up late (and it's usually a delay not a loss) you can keep it. GSP doesn't want it back.

Depending on where you are, the trucknuts at border crossings may be why your parcel was delayed.

The tracking usually shows where the shipment has been, not where it is.

Unison worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (mine began with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

GSP
On the listing itself, you will see the words
No additional import charges at delivery!
This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. Learn more
This indicates that the seller has chosen to use the GSP, which is a Seller Protection.
On dotCOM, if you are shopping there, you will see
International Priority Shipping to Canada  via the Global Shipping Program

While you can ask if the seller would consider shipping by USPS First Class International Package, which also offers the tracking the seller wants, most will not agree.
If they do, keep in mind that you will still be charged applicable duty (your duty-free allowance from the USA is $140) and sales taxes (tax-free allowance is $40) plus a $9.95 service/customs brokerage fee by Canada Post. Since this has to be collected from you before the package is handed over, that usually means the carrier will leave a Notice and you can pay import and service fees at the PO counter, instead of in advance as with the GSP.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@01seto wrote:

Anyone else have their tracking not move for over two weeks at the Customs Documentation and Labeling in Erlanger, Kentucky?

The seller says it’s out if their hands due to it being a GSP issue and the eBay customer service agent filed an order not arrived refund request. This is odd to me especially when it’s out if the seller’s hands too. Why not contact GSP for confirmation? Any insight would be appreciated.

A refund request has to be made in order for a refund to be made, but it will be noted on the request that the item was handled by the Global Shipping Program so that the money comes out of Pitney Bowes' or eBay's pocket and not the seller's.

Tracking only shows where an item has been, not where it is, so there's the possibility that the item has moved on but the scan data hasn't transmitted properly.  Having said that, two weeks with no further information on your item's whereabouts isn't a good sign and something may have tripped up your item.  Wait for your refund and if by some miracle your item does make it through silently with no further tracking deets, enjoy your gift.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I've had it two weeks before also, not much you can do. The seller cannot do much at all.  I've also had the same on another item then poof it got delivered to me.  You can ask Pitney Bowes in Toronto if they can help.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Mine's been there 3 weeks, arrived Feb 5, nothing since then. Not sure how common this is or if it's lost, hoping just delays!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Just because tracking does not show movement does not mean it is not moving.   There are logistics companies in the US that transport parcels in volume for big shippers and only hand off to USPS or another company for the final leg and that is when tracking is updated.    The important thing is if the shipping time frames are met.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yeah except when tracking doesn't show movement because the package is lost. Mine never showed up, still in Erlanger since Feb 5. Full refund from eBay, no thanks to GSP. Really sucks when it's a one of a kind item.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@tpi96s10 wrote:

Yeah except when tracking doesn't show movement because the package is lost. Mine never showed up, still in Erlanger since Feb 5. Full refund from eBay, no thanks to GSP. Really sucks when it's a one of a kind item.

Is there more information on the item's status when you check the tracking on the page that that @reallynicestamps provided a link for in message 2?

(Fun tip: The link works just fine without the stuff after the "m" in ".com",)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes I tried the Pitney Bowes tracker, I use Parcels app for tracking and it gives the same info as the PB tracker. Seems it just up and vanished. Got 2 more orders coming that have cleared customs in the normal amount of time. If those make it here then great, but after that I'm done buying from anyone using the GSP for shipping.
Funny thing is I've had items arrive sooner coming from China than through GSP.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply