USPS delivered my package to some guy in the US?

kr0925
Community Member
So I got something shipping from the US to Canada, latest update was just a few minutes ago. USPS texted me saying that someone in Glendale Heights, Illinois picked up my package from the post office. Is this right?? How could they have messed up that badly
Message 1 of 103
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know but the zip code shown on your screenshot is the same as the eBay international shipping hub so I'm sure that everything is fine.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 103
latest reply
102 REPLIES 102

kr0925
Community Member
I just checked on eBay and it said "package arrived at our shipping hub, package being inspected" but it didn't get shipped to any hub, rather some guy picked it up. Is it possible that it's a delivery guy?
Message 2 of 103
latest reply

I don't know but the zip code shown on your screenshot is the same as the eBay international shipping hub so I'm sure that everything is fine.

Message 3 of 103
latest reply

Got it!! Thanks
Message 4 of 103
latest reply

Remember that you are covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

If your purchase has not been delivered to you by the last estimated delivery date, you can open a Claim and get a full refund.

And being able to show that the apparent delivery was to an entirely different address works in your favour.

But since the zipcode matches the shipping terminal, you shouldn't have any  problems.

This is another reason that we should never try to follow tracking. It doesn't help and often leads to unneeded concern.

Mark that delivery date on your calendar and have a nice cup of tea.

Message 5 of 103
latest reply

The tracking system does this all the time when I buy something from the U.S. It's supposed to be someone who redirects the package from one route/shipping company to the next, because international tracking from the U.S. seems to require this.

Message 6 of 103
latest reply

krank21
Community Member
I had the exact same happen just now, did you get your item?
Message 7 of 103
latest reply

just had this happened to me.  Seller is based in Texas, but USPS left it to an individual  in "GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL 60139" (LOL?).  I'm going to guess there will be a second tracking number to Canada/international locations (LX*****US) 

Message 8 of 103
latest reply

It's right , they swiching Delivery Company .

Once is processed thru hub , you will get different Tracking #.

I have  also 2   USPS Parcels,  from  Glendale  H. switch to 

Asendia

The Tracking #  is different .

Message 9 of 103
latest reply

My package went to USPS.  USPS passed it on to Pitney Bowes to transport across Canada.   My package cleared customs and after 24hours INTELCOM does last mile delivery to my house.

Shipped on March 28 and delivered on April 13, 2023.  3 tracking numbers  & 3 carriers to ship my order lol

Message 10 of 103
latest reply

I've also just had a package coming to Canada dropped off "with an individual" in Glendale Heights. Hopefully more tracking information shows up once it's on its way again. Another package arrived in the Phillipsburg, NJ USPS facility 10 days ago using "ebay delivery services" with no further tracking information shown. I have no idea where it's at. The tracking number provided is not a valid USPS number.

Message 11 of 103
latest reply

What are the first two digits in the tracking number?

Message 12 of 103
latest reply

@dgraycam wrote:

The tracking number provided is not a valid USPS number.

Have you tried looking it up on a "universal" tracking site such as Parcelsapp?  Your item could be handled by a hybrid of the postal system and a courier or commercial carrier.

That said, there really shouldn't be any need to check the tracking of your item unless it's almost due to arrive or past due.

Message 13 of 103
latest reply

I’m going through this right now !!!! Did you guys get your orders? Did you get updated tracking info ?!
Message 14 of 103
latest reply

I’m going through this right now !!!! Did you get your package ?? Did they update the shipping info? Please let me know what you did lol I just called and they said it should still be getting sent to me however it says some guy signed for it and it’s been delivered in NJ ? 😅
Message 15 of 103
latest reply

This seems to be a fairly frequent occurance.  I had a parcel shipped via ebay global shipping who used USPS and it went from New York to Glendale Heights in a few days.  But now its sitting there saying it was delivered to some guy????   I have no new tracking number and no one seems to know where it is at.  It still says its at the shipping hub in Glendale being inspected.  Thats 12 days already.  I live in Edmonton, Canada and wonder if it is still coming or what.  Any ideas anyone||?

Message 16 of 103
latest reply

What i've gathered form reading numerous other posts, is that the USPS delivers to an intermediary shipping service in the US.  That is why your tracking looks like your package was  shipped to some guy in the US, it arrived at the intermediary.  From there it will get forwarded to Canada (with a new tracking number that nobody will tell you what it is) and handed to another party for final delivery.  Who this final delivery party is seems to be a very open question that several of us have been trying to determine.  It may well be some two bit courier service, could even be Canada Post, but i'm skeptical about that.

Anyway, some people have gone through online gymnastics to find the new updated tracking numbers only to discover they are super slow to update.   I went through that once with an item i bought on Banggood.  The item was delivered two weeks prior to the tracking showing it was out for delivery (this was delivered by a two bit, mickey mouse courier service).  It was a miracle i got my package but i won't go into the story.  Suffice to say i will never purchase from Banggood again.

If Ebay wants buyers to actually use EIS over the long term, they better smarten up and use reliable, professional delivery services, with REGULAR TRACKING UPDATES (which they boast about on every seller's listing who uses EIS) or they will find revenues dropping fast from lack of international sales, and their penny pinching use of cut rate courier services will cost them a bundle.

Message 17 of 103
latest reply

etpin83
Community Member
Did you get a new tracking number
Message 18 of 103
latest reply

Was there
Message 19 of 103
latest reply

vantol8
Community Member

My package's tracking info stops at this Glendale IL place.  It is two days past the expected arrival date.  What is my next move???  I'm very confused about all this - first time I've purchased internationally.

Thank you!

Message 20 of 103
latest reply