USPS delivered my package to some guy in the US?

kr0925
Community Member
So I got something shipping from the US to Canada, latest update was just a few minutes ago. USPS texted me saying that someone in Glendale Heights, Illinois picked up my package from the post office. Is this right?? How could they have messed up that badly
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

I also had it happen with my last 4 orders from eBay US to Ont Canada?
Message 41 of 104
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@terrwarwic_0 @terri5460, Did you automatically receive refunds for those four items or did you have to open a case through eBay for not-received items?

Message 42 of 104
latest reply

OK, so that same bloke in Glendale Heights now has my order from New Jersey that is destined for Sydney Australia! Looks like he gets lots of parcels there so maybe he's real busy licking stamps and putting new labels on all the boxes. Anyway the seller assures me this happens all the time and that it will arrive in my country soon enough. Currently it was 'delivered'in Glendale Heights on Sep 4 but the eBay portal says it will be here by Oct 6th. Fingers Crossed!

Message 43 of 104
latest reply

jjj1080
Community Member

Seems to me this shipping system is a mess. I have 2 packages stuck in Glendale Heights. If they do not arrive by the delivery date Ebay gives I will be asking for a refund. That will also be the end of any Ebay purchasing for me. Seems to me Ebay is headed down hill. They only care about their fees they get from a sale. The buyer gets the short end of the stick with this strange shipping program.

Message 44 of 104
latest reply

mahri._14
Community Member

My order is also going to glendale heights and I live in Canada. .... hopefully he re routes it to my address

Message 45 of 104
latest reply

@mahri._14  @3.14fingers @jjj1080 

As explained in Message 3 of this 46 message thread, Glendale Heights, just outside Chicago and down the road from O'Hare Airport,  is the shipping hub  for the eBayInternational Shipping program.

Never watch tracking.

Put the last estimated date for delivery on your calendar and expect arrival before then.

Message 46 of 104
latest reply

Any update guys from all the case? My package just went going to the Glendale Heights, and estimate delivery at 18 OCT, hopefully no bad things happen
Message 47 of 104
latest reply

I have a  camera coming to Canada that has been stuck in Glendale Heights sine Sept 1.

No update.  Delivery is due  Sept 20  so we will see what happens.

Message 48 of 104
latest reply

JUST ANOTHER REASON FOR HATING THAT EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING  ----  GR%$#^&)^%##% !!

Message 49 of 104
latest reply

@cubecount99 

Glendale Heights is just the transfer point.  The seller is no longer responsible for delivery. If there is a problem, eBay will refund you.

Mark October 18 -- a whole 29 days away-- on your calendar and don't watch tracking.

Message 50 of 104
latest reply

I've had exactly the same experience. eBay tracking says  " package being inspected at shipping hub " for  the last four days  and I've heard nothing else from eBay tracking since , while the USPS website tracking says arrived at post office ,out for delivery  Glendale heights , next it says in capital Green letters DELIVERED 

and signed  for by individual in Glendale Heights IL , a T. Port . That's it , the last information on their tracking 
has my package being signed for  by some guy  with a made up name of T.Port? The information given is ambiguous , , misleading , vague and suggests delivery to a wrong address in the states it also has the same time of 1.32 pm for delivery to shipping hub and being signed for in Glendale .
So , is it their agent who signs for every delivery to the shipping hub in Glendale Heights , or a scam  stealing packages that are valuable and  wrongly delivered to an adddress and signing with a dodgy name ? Who knows , certainly not me ,you , or it seems eBay or anyone else . 

. It's the most frustrating experience buying anything I've ever had and will not be buying anything again even if it turns up which I now doubt when even the seller was incredibly arrogant and rude and ignored most emails . 

Message 51 of 104
latest reply

@mart_brow, your frustration about your purchase seems to go beyond the delay in getting your item forwarded to Canada from the Illinois eIS hub. As you make mention of the seller’s poor communication and customer service skills, I can’t help but wonder if eIS may be catching flack over problems that aren’t of its own making.
Message 52 of 104
latest reply

Yes it is their agent who signs for the delivery. They will process the order which does take longer than most of us think it should and then they will forward the package to Canada.  It isn't a scam although sometimes packages do get lost and I understand that the process can be frustrating.  If it does get lost or if it is not allowed to be imported, ebay will refund you.  If it isn't delivered by the last estimated delivery date, open an item not received claim the following day.

Message 53 of 104
latest reply

Did you finally receive your package.  I'm in Alberta also and am having the same issue.

Message 54 of 104
latest reply

While the information is still useful, this is a ZOMBIE thread from February.

To save you reading the information here.

The US address is Glendale Heights IL , about 30 minutes from O'Hare Airport in Chicago.

The person who recieved it is a plant worker.

Your parcel will pass customs there (yes, in the USA, nothing unusual) and be transferred to Canada.

Once in Canada it will be given to another shipping company and you will get a new tracking number.

Your eBay purchase tells you when the last estimated date for delivery will be.

Mark that last date on your calendar.

If your parcel is later than that, open a Not Received dispute.

DON'T EVER WATCH TRACKING.

Message 55 of 104
latest reply

We get it, how many times can you put the same thing in a thread. The whole point of tracking is to give peace of mind... clearly if it does the oopsite and confuses, that's a problem esspecially if it's between such close and ecnomically tied countries like USA and Canada.

That being said, it can be good advice to not watch shipping if you don't know the pitfalls of how some of it works or is displayed.

And yes I'm a necromancer, the tread lives!!!

Message 56 of 104
latest reply

Hiya,

I am having a similar problem but the sender has shown that they have final address is the shipping hub on the order not my address in Wales. Can someone tell me do they know if this is the norm?

Many thanks
Message 57 of 104
latest reply

@ke549579 wrote:

I am having a similar problem but the sender has shown that they have final address is the shipping hub on the order not my address in Wales. Can someone tell me do they know if this is the norm?

Hi, @ke549579.  I'm not sure how you ended up on the Canadian eBay discussion boards, but welcome!  You can relax, there is no problem with your order.  Your seller has no use for your address in Wales and is not responsible for the shipment once it reaches the shipping hub, so for all intents and purposes, the hub address is the "final" address for them.  Your address in Wales will be on file at the shipping hub and your item should be forwarded to the UK from there.

Message 58 of 104
latest reply

yoneath
Community Member
This just happened to me and after I called USPS that didn't help, it just made me more worried that my package was grabbed by someone else. Contacted the buyer who said it was part of eBay's international shipping process...sounded even less convincing but here we are and I guess I'm not alone in this. Fingers crossed.
Message 59 of 104
latest reply

@yoneath wrote:

This just happened to me and after I called USPS that didn't help, it just made me more worried that my package was grabbed by someone else. Contacted the buyer who said it was part of eBay's international shipping process...sounded even less convincing but here we are and I guess I'm not alone in this. Fingers crossed.

There is no reason to worry about your shipment unless it's not arrived by the last estimated delivery date, @yoneath.  What happens or doesn't happen to your item between when you paid for it and that date is out of your control; just remember that you should be protected by eBay's Money Back Guarantee if it doesn't arrive.  (I know that receiving the item is better, but at least you're not hung out to dry.)

Keeping such close tabs on an item's tracking tends to give some buyers the illusion that they have some control over the shipment, I find.  When things go awry, those buyers get worried because they realize that they have less control over the item's shipment than they thought.  As advised by @femmefan1946 many posts and months ago, make yourself a nice cup of tea and mark that last estimated delivery date on your calendar. 

Message 60 of 104
latest reply