23 year customer stuck in account verification loop and no resolution from ebay support

xnaron
Community Member

Hi All,

I've been an ebay.ca member for 23 years.  I am an active buyer and have sold a number of things over the years  but haven't sold anything for a number of years until Feb 15th.  As soon as I sold the item on the 15th I noticed this banner about updating my account.

xnaron_2-1709135547451.png

Clicking update leads to here

xnaron_1-1709135417163.png

After I input my drives license number and click save it says that I am done and ebay will verify and let me know.   Then I get a message from ebay the next day saying I need to update my account info and do it all over again.  I have been in this loop since Feb 15th.  I have contacted ebay customer support by phone almost every day since then (at least 7 times).  They said I will need to upload my drivers lic photo.  The system does not give me an option to do it and they are unable to send me a way to do it manually.  I have had the offshore support person transfer me twice to a north american supervisor and they have said they need their IT department to send me a special link to do it but this never happens.  I have asked both supervisors I have talked to if they can own my issue through to resolution and I haven't heard back from either of them.   The last person I talked to I begged them to escalate my situation to their leadership and to have someone own it on their end and update me with details but that has not happened.  There is a clear lack of accountability and customer service from ebay support.  

I'm not sure what more I can do at this point and looking to the community for suggestions.  Ebay owes me over $1100 for the auction payout but is unable to send me the money (even though I have a verfied bank account attached.)   

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

23 year customer stuck in account verification loop and no resolution from ebay support

I don't know if they will deal with payment issues but you could try contacting one of eBay's social media accounts on Facebook or Instagram.  You can send them a private message with your name and email and they should get back to you.

Have you already registered with managed payments and set up a bank account to have those funds deposited into?  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks I will try that and yes I have registered and attached my bank account and support confirmed that it looked fine.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Use your SIN instead it will be solved in a click...

Thats what I did, never had an issue to date.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply