"Ask Seller for Total" is on computers but not phones or tablets, why?

It is a simple 4 word statement that is on computers when you put any number of items in your shopping cart. That way, when a customer buys multiple items from me they do not get charged mulitple shipping fees. Most people are on Phones these days and I am on an up to date computer. Customers come and buy, pay, buy, pay for 2 to 5 items and then expect a refund on shipping fees. They can put the items in their shopping cart and NOT as for a total and pay the shipping fees on each and every item when they pay. The line of text is not there on phones etc as I said. Now with ebay managed payments it becomes almost impossible to give a proper refund that is fair to both the seller and the buyer and with so many fees now it is not an easy task to do it properly. I have found that most people don't seem to care or don't know about combined shipping so the items get shipped to them regardless of what they paid. If they would just "Ask Seller for Total" I can then give them the combined total. 

That also as the effect of making less profit for eBay so they delete the line of text from most devices as phone and tables afe so popular with buyers.

Has anyone else had the same thing happening???

Anything we can do to change that?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I agree this is definitely troublesome! Yes, it happens for me also. Luckily the buyer (who never wants to pay too much for shipping) will send a message asking for combined shipping and then I manually do an invoice. If you create an invoice for someone who has bought more than one item the items are all there showing automatically as soon as you "create invoice" for any of the items.  However (and this is the main reason) most of my sales are auctions (I'm still a dinosaur) so it always works to combine shipping for those. It is part of the reason I continue to do them. When they are buy it now items it always seems to be trickier...for some reason it works for some people (they ask me and I can easily do it) others it doesn't seem to work and they are expected to pay immediately. I've sometimes done a work-around by adding Make an Offer which will let me combine the items without paying first. I believe the difference is the phone issue which as you say most people use. It used to always work easily (a few years back) and wish it would again but have never been able to get a straight answer from eBay when it started being an issue. They always say I'm set up correctly and it should work. I certainly wish they would change this also!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

There are 3 simple words for why "Ask Seller for Total or "Request total from Seller" is not on the app.....

...."eBay Transactions fees"!

Simple really, and you are all correct, a real inconvenience for Sellers having to make refunds, and Buyers overpaying...

Message 3 of 3
latest reply