July 4 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Hoping you had a nice Canada Day! Opening the chat up for your questions.

See you then,

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: July 4 2018 Weekly Session

@musicyouneed wrote:

Lost pictures when GTC renewed.  Do I have to go through each one to add the pictures or is ebay going to fix it?  As I have hundreds, this is going to take a lot of my time when I could be listing or doing other stuff.  Seems I am always trying to work around ebay issues.  

Hi @musicyouneed & @momcqueen - I don't have an update on this yet. I know that work is being done to recover photos and reinstate them.

For some sellers, an individual revision by listing has worked to restore them. However, it hasn't worked for everyone so I'm not certain that it will work for both of you. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

When my email notification came regarding my store shipping coupon, it doesn't say how much it is (traditionally it did).

I haven't yet received the ebay message, only the email message.

When I try to manually go look it up all I see is the .COM one which is a different coupon code....

Here's a link to the thread on this topic:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-Bucks-Voucher-amp-Shipping-Supplies-Coupon-Now-Avai...

That's unusual - I'm not aware of a change to email formatting, though it's pretty far removed from me, I can see what I can find out.

When it comes to the code itself, subscriber discounts works but personally I think it gets a bit...involved... to find.

I prefer going to My eBay 'Summary' and the Coupons section should be right at the top - with code and amount present (screenshots follow).

Shortcuts 3.JPGSummary coupon.JPG

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@lucitabby wrote:

Hello,

On ebay.com today, there is an announcement stating that ebay is sorry for tech issues/glitches.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-Sorry-for-Recent-Technical-Issues-That-May-Have-Im...

There doesn't seem to be an apology on ebay.ca - why is that?

Will there be compensation?

Thank you.

Hello to everyone who is asking the above question:

I know neither what technical issues, specifically, that the US is addressing in the apology, nor how they are being remedied, as mentioned in the article. I am not comfortable releasing a blanket apology on behalf of eBay Canada for issues I don't have a deep understanding of.

I will continue to address any existing technical issues affecting Canada specifically on a case-by-case basis.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

Another Seller Hub question: when I clicked on "My eBay", my landing page was my sold items. I don't want the overview as my landing page. Is there way to set up the landing page so it comes back to my sold items?

Hi @lady.stark - I don't have a way to set your Orders page as the default page when you click on 'Seller Hub'. However, I think having that functionality is important, and I encourage you to use the 'Comments?' link in the upper right hand corner of Seller Hub pages to make that suggestion, as it goes directly to the developer team, and they're always looking for ways to improve the tool.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining today - the chat is now closed.

I appreciate your time and feel free to tag me around the boards, I'll be here!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 25 of 25
latest reply