Bank Account Verified - Payouts keeps on failing - USD payments to Canadian Bank Account

Good morning,

I have quite an issue that has been ongoing since i restarted selling on ebay. Please note that the bank account i previously registered on ebay for managed payment was working 100% fine before NOW. I am a DOOMED Canadian seller who registered for USD payments but located in Canada. Like many of you, i've been a seller for more than 10 years and i didn't know the mess i was going into.

What i did before (when first asked to register managed payments) :

- Open a TD USD checking account and verify with the micro-deposits and finally started receiving funds.

2023 episode (from Sept. until now) :

- Kept getting payouts failed on the first payments i was due (same verified bank account, never touched anything.)

- I then restarted revalidating my bank account through the automated system, all validated OK but still was getting the infamous "Your payout didn't go through, We ran into a problem sending your payout."

- Called about 5-6 times the ebay reps, no helpful insight beside entering manually my bank account which i did.

- After manual entering, i received and verified the micro-deposits and got the email i was waiting for : 

Your payout account is verified! 

Thanks for confirming the microdeposit amounts we sent to your bank account. We verified your bank details and you’re all set! If your payouts were on hold, you’ll start receiving funds to your bank account, provided there are no other issues that need your attention.

But as of now, still getting payouts failed and no funds. I don't know what else to do? Can somebody help? Thank you.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bank Account Verified - Payouts keeps on failing - USD payments to Canadian Bank Account

Issue has finally been fixed. On January 2nd I chatted ebay once again to have an update on my case.

Got told for the 40th time that there was an issue with my bank. I then asked to speak with a supervisor, Marco which took matter into his hand and told me that there was a lot of people having this issue.

Received my payout this morning.

Thanks to Marco but eBay is a shame.

View solution in original post

Message 29 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Same here,,, I verified with my bank which is a divison of RBC in the USA and for a few years no issue getting paid, now I get the same error, been going on since Sept as well. I have called the bank they say they do not even see an attempt at a deposit. Ebay says they are investigating. I am asking for a cheque to be sent, this is ridiculous, they owe me over $1400... all items are shipped and I have what recourse?

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

This seems like a problem on ebay side. Are there ebay workers on the community website?

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

I think someone asked this in one of the other threads, but did you sign up on eBay USA or eBay Canada?

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Both. I used to have a residence in US so I listed on both
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

@infolica wrote:
Both. I used to have a residence in US so I listed on both

Is your bank account being rejected on both, or just one one?

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Rejected only on eBay.ca this is the site I use now.
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

@infolica wrote:
Rejected only on eBay.ca this is the site I use now.

It seems like a lot of the issues people have been having are with Canadian bank accounts on accounts created on eBay USA and US bank accounts on accounts created on eBay Canada  (and Tangerine just in general).  I have no idea why the microdeposits would work and not the payouts though.  My guess is that it has something to do with the above.

There's a bunch of threads on this that might be worth your while to read through.  Contacting the general support staff is probably useless as half don't seem to even know Canada is a country.  You could try eBay for Business on Facebook. You could also reach out via email to growyourbusiness@ebay.ca

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

@coolvintagebyjeanni1 wrote:

Same here,,, I verified with my bank which is a divison of RBC in the USA and for a few years no issue getting paid, now I get the same error, been going on since Sept as well. I have called the bank they say they do not even see an attempt at a deposit. Ebay says they are investigating. I am asking for a cheque to be sent, this is ridiculous, they owe me over $1400... all items are shipped and I have what recourse?

I think your situation is somewhat different, @coolvintagebyjeanni1.  @infolica's USD checking account is with TD Canada Trust, not one of TD's US operations.  Canadian sellers wishing to have their payouts sent to a US dollar account are supposed to have US dollar accounts on Canadian soil.  Somehow--probably based in how you've managed to present your listings as US ones--you've managed to have your US dollar payouts sent to a US-based account.  You're showing up as registered in Canada, though, which may be a recent development prompted by an eBay tweak, and now your payment set-up is no longer working.

Have you tried changing your account for payouts to a Canadian-based USD checking/chequing account?

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@infolica wrote:

But as of now, still getting payouts failed and no funds. I don't know what else to do? Can somebody help? Thank you.

Besides getting in touch with eBay customer service via X /Twitter (or Facebook, for that matter), have you been in touch with TD Canada Trust to see if they have any records of attempted payments to your account after they stopped happening for you?

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

the account i verified for deposits previously worked and i received payments before

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

@infolica wrote:

the account i verified for deposits previously worked and i received payments before

Yes, which is why I'm asking if you've asked TD Canada Trust customer service if there's any records on their end of deposits attempted (but failed) to your account after you stopped receiving them.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

I called TD and they told me exactly as i thought. I received the microdeposits and ebay even took it back. That means they can deposit amounts to my bank account succesfully. TD confirmed the issue is on ebay's side.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Did you also ask if there was any evidence of eBay unsuccessfully making deposits of your payouts?
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Yes i did and they couldn't tell me about that unfortunately. 

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

That’s unfortunate, but not surprising as there’s likely security issues at play here.
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

This is a joke, Ebay ain't no help at all... Provided me a case number which in the end doesn't mean nothing. CSR are absolute jokes.  On to the BBB and file a complaint for this **bleep**py service.

I wish people would come here and file for a class action.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Update as of today, reverified my bank account, placed 8 more requests, haven't got a single payout !  Ebay doesnt help at all!

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

If I were in your shoes, I'd be opening a new bank account at this point.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

"I wish people would come here and file for a class action."

well it's like this...when we agree to the terms of use of this site we agree to ALL eBay rules and policies...and as sellers we agree to not sue eBay and even for a class action effort; no one is going to jump through all those hoops and hassles of "trying" to sue eBay...

The easiest route to be taken at this point is simple--open a different bank account and get on with it if you want to continue with eBay, and/or get any satisfaction with receiving your payouts.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply