My Payouts have been temporarily placed on hold 3 weeks in a row. WHY EBAY??

zoom81
Community Member

My Payouts have been temporarily placed on hold.

Three weeks ago I had one of my largest sells, since selling on eBay.

How does eBay reward me? They put my payouts on hold for 15 days in a row.

I called eBay Customer Support and their response is less than helpful. Nothing is wrong with my account, we can assure you of that. This is just normal business operation.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

marnotom!
Community Member

@zoom81 wrote:

You just answered your own question.

If you don't understand why eBay is taking some precautionary measures for the protection of your account, the buyer(s) concerned, and of course to cover the area below its tailbone, you still have much to learn about selling online, grasshopper.

Hope you're shipping with signature confirmation.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

You are never selling on Ebay so I can understand your wrong answer. I have no negative feedback, no returns, no claims, nothing at all. All my shipments tracked and for items over 750$ tracked with signature.

I have 100% positive feedback. I have above standard sellers so please let people with seller experience or customer service answer me.

I called ebay three times and Nothing is wrong with my account, we can assure you of that. This is just a normal business operation.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Glad to hear you're taking steps to protect yourself.  Now think about why eBay is placing a temporary hold on your funds to protect your account, its own bottom line, and your buyers.

This may help:

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

Remember, you have a business relationship with eBay, not a friendship.  They don't give out gold stars because you sell items worth thousands of dollars.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Since you don't understand how and why posting IDs work, I'll answer the question.

@zoom81 wrote:

You just answered your own question.

If you don't understand why eBay is taking some precautionary measures for the protection of your account, the buyer(s) concerned, and of course to cover the area below its tailbone, you still have much to learn about selling online, grasshopper.

Hope you're shipping with signature confirmation.

And the phone reps are sub-contractors working out of their kitchens in Utah. Their main interest is getting you off the phone before they have to walk the dog.

If you want an eBay employee, with training and authority, use the social media accounts.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Hi,

thanks for the help i will reach them asap. 🙂

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

zoom81
Community Member

Twitter and Facebook can't help me same answer don't worry you will receive your money after the review. Yeah sure after 3 weeks i received my money one day ... Maybe

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@zoom81 wrote:

Twitter and Facebook can't help me same answer don't worry you will receive your money after the review. Yeah sure after 3 weeks i received my money one day ... Maybe

Attached is the link on payment holds. They can also apply  to sellers who haven't sold in awhile but are starting up again.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&r...

-Lotz

You can also do a search (by most recent) on the topic of Payment Holds and several should display.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

I'm seller since August 2021 with more 400 sales and no issues. Driver licence verified, SIN verified, bank account verified. I think ebay keep the money on hold because it is a huge amount and try to make the maxium interest with their bank.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@zoom81 wrote:

I'm seller since August 2021 with more 400 sales and no issues. Driver licence verified, SIN verified, bank account verified. I think ebay keep the money on hold because it is a huge amount and try to make the maxium interest with their bank.

Recent report from dot com for an established seller.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payments/eBay-Admitted-A-Problem-Sending-My-4-138-45-Payout-and-Those-...

-Lotz

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

The story from the seller on .com suggests that a technical glitch is responsible for them not getting paid. The possibility of a payment hold is brought up by another poster.
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for the link. I'm not the only one. Ebay is a nightmare allowing scammers or non payment buyers one their site and for good sellers with no issues keep my money for 3 weeks already. I need to find a better marketplace

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@zoom81 wrote:

Thanks for the link. I'm not the only one. Ebay is a nightmare allowing scammers or non payment buyers one their site and for good sellers with no issues keep my money for 3 weeks already. I need to find a better marketplace

In speaking to other NEW sellers for them to get consistently released payments what was needed was a quantity (Magic number seems to be 10) sales  and shipping with tracking and/or feedback for those transactions. Anything of lower value is difficult to ship with tracking. Feedback is entirely at your buyers discretion/whim. Asking for feedback is not always recommended.  Not everyone lists items that meet those qualifications. Staying patient definitely helps. Unfortunately the many other marketplaces available will also have waiting times or the alternative...Higher fees.  In your situation, its very likely the trigger was the high valued sale. But only a guess.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:
The story from the seller on .com suggests that a technical glitch is responsible for them not getting paid. The possibility of a payment hold is brought up by another poster.

Problem is there are many sellers still having problems getting paid for various reasons. On all eBay sites.  Appears to be poorly addressed when the seller attempts to find out why.  Getting paid shouldn't really come to mostly luck.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Problem is there are many sellers still having problems getting paid for various reasons. On all eBay sites.  Appears to be poorly addressed when the seller attempts to find out why.  Getting paid shouldn't really come to mostly luck.

Yes, but the OP's situation is not due to a glitch, and I wouldn't really consider it a "problem" unless they were totally unprepared for this development.  It's been clearly explained to them that they're currently subject to a payment hold. and as you and the OP suggest, the sudden change to high-stake sales is likely what triggered this.  Payment holds are explained on various eBay help pages.  They're business, not personal.

At least the OP appears to be selling regularly enough that they'll likely see payment holds lifted sooner rather than later, unlike some sellers who have been subject to them.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

Because you scammed people. You’re being blasted all over Facebook because you sent worthless hockey cards instead of the items you described. You ripped people off for thousands.
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Look up Zoom’s comments, he’s scammed people for thousands.
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

He wanted to get his money quick before anyone realized they were scammed. Hopefully this guy will pay back the thousands he scammed.
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Well, that seller posted before those red doughnuts started appearing in their feedback.  If eBay was still holding onto the proceeds from those sales, he wouldn't have to worry about paying those buyers back.  eBay would do it once the buyers filed cases/claims/complaints.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

you are right. ebay has no business holding sellers payouts. I have been on ebay for 19 years and now they are holding $1400 of my funds. this is a violation of sellers rights. I think a lawsuit is in order
Message 20 of 26
latest reply