Am I accepted on MP or not?

After 4 phone calls and numerous attempts I got this 4 days ago:

Your account will be activated for managed payments on 06/21/2021

Great, then why every time I go onto my eBay or hub do I get a red banner saying I need to update my account details? I have now done that 5 times, every time it says that it's good, but the banner never goes away!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have to change the frequency to deposit after you are set up. Go to "PAYMENTS" tab.

Look on right side, "Payout Schedule" is what you want to change to weekly if that's what you want.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Don't be surprised if you get a restriction on your account tomorrow and can no longer revise your listings or add new listings.  Basically locked out of your account.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

So why did I get this 4 days ago?   You’re all set! Thanks for providing us with the information we requested. We verified your updated details. We'll notify you before activating your account for managed payments. Nothing will change in how you sell on eBay until then. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

What happens if you click on the "payments" tab in myebay? (what does it show there?)

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I went through a similar process.

Would you please post how this works out for you tomorrow. 

Curious to see if your account gets restricted or if you are able to successfully sign up for MP without account restrictions.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

What happens if you click on the "payments" tab in myebay? (what does it show there?)

Same red banner

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

You got the notice that everything is ok, ignore the banner, it will go away.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Got this today,

Thanks for updating your account details! We are now managing payments for your account.

And guess what? The red banner is still there!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Got accepted today, banner is still there!

I had no option for when to get my payments paid to my bank account, I thought we could choose that.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

You need to update your account details on file—this is required to set you up for managed payments. Update account details

I also get the same thing, this has to do with our SIN and the fact that eBay want it...

...that is what that banner wants you all to update.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I have done that 5 times now Brett. I told the rep I didn't want to add my SIN and he said that was fine, he would get it overuled. I am not sure how many times they want me to do the same thing!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

You have to change the frequency to deposit after you are set up. Go to "PAYMENTS" tab.

Look on right side, "Payout Schedule" is what you want to change to weekly if that's what you want.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

So I had my first sale with MP last night and followed by an email from eBay saying I needed to update my identity. I have done that 5 times, so I called again and had a very helpful rep who took a long time investigating and found that I had the wrong birth date in! I had the day and month in the wrong order, but it doesn't show on the form, just the year shows, so I had no idea, and no one else saw that. I re-did that and now again it says I am ready to go. All these calls and I was never told that was the problem! He is going to call me back this afternoon to make sure everything is alright. He will get GOOD feedback.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply