Can I use USPS/ebay mail service on the items I list on .com

I list on .com, have an address in the US and usually purchase through stamps.com or now through Chit Chat postal service.  Now I noticed that ebay has negotiated a 25% reduction.

Has anyone used the USPS ebay postal service and how did it go?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I can do it but just wondered it there is any advantage?

usps.jpg

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I think that I might already be paying that at Chit Chats.  I looked at the sheet and it shows 2.77 for up to 8 oz so there may not be an advantage.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

wow, i wish canada post could have similar prices as usps offers, with the same service level..

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Me too... we used to have better discounts with PayPal on many services. Now they are only on selected services and not as high as they used to be. 😞

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I list on .com, have an address in the US and usually purchase through stamps.com or now through Chit Chat postal service.  Now I noticed that ebay has negotiated a 25% reduction.

Has anyone used the USPS ebay postal service and how did it go?

eBay's system is horrible if you are used to Stamps, Endicia, Express 1, ShipEasy, ShipStation, or one of the other established online postage providers.

As you discovered, the pricing is generally the same from all providers.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

Me too... we used to have better discounts with PayPal on many services. Now they are only on selected services and not as high as they used to be. 😞

Yes. When I started selling, the discount on Expedited Parcel through ebay/paypal was 24 per cent. It made a difference. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I thought PayPal was discontinuing the discounted rate for US Small Packet on December 31st but I purchased a couple of labels yesterday for the reduced rate of $7.05.  I believe Shippo is continuing the discount until January 15th.

Does anyone have updated information regarding the above?

Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@mjwl2006momcqueen wrote:

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/12/21/8092/

Thanks mj.  I do recall reading this but I couldn't find the announcement.  I would have thought that this would not necessarily have applied to PayPal, but they're also still offering the discount.  I dread when the discounts are discontinued.  I don't mind paying the little extra for small packet because we're not restricted to a 2 cm thickness.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

IIRC, they have negotiated slightly better rates on Priority Mail and FC international.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply