Choose eBay sites worldwide to list items

I was looking through my selling manager a few days trying to find how to unblock a country, when I came on the above link. It has a list of countries where listings would be visible. I added several, and then the next day, I was worried that maybe I would be charged for them, so I took them off again.

Can someone let me know if this is the place where sellers are charged for having listing visible on other eBay sites?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

There might be someone who knows full details but as far as I know you will not pay for it ...

There is an option to pay .20 cents for visibility to certain countries when listing right before you submit the listing there are blocks to check off ....

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Triber, where is the link on the selling manager page? Just wondering because I always had sales overseas to the UK and Australia and now they have stopped completely. I've been wondering why.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Vintagenorth: Go to eBay preferences-selliing preferences-selling manager pro-list on these worldwide sites

No wonder I have never seen it before! Not easy to find.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Thanks Triber, I think you must have a Premier store to get that, I just have a Basic store (on my other ID) and it doesn't show up there, or on my non-store ID.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I too have wondered what the deal and process is to these options.

It can't possibly be "free" access to creating more exposure by listing on other countries sites.

Annoying that you can't find an "info" page for it with details.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Here's what info .com shows on this:

List on these worldwide eBay sites (Selling Manager Pro only)

Do you sell products on other eBay sites, such as eBay Canada or eBay Germany? Selling Manager Pro lets you list on other eBay sites without having to log onto the sites.

Here's how it works:

1. In site preferences, you select the eBay sites you list on.

2. When you create a listing template in Selling Manager Pro, you’ll be given the option of selecting the eBay site that the listing template is for.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

It sounds as if that is just a way for you to list directly on other sites just like you would list on .com or ca. I imagine they would charge you for each site that you listed on. That's different than the international visibility option which is just for the UK and puts your listings in with the UK sellers listing rather than with other international sellers.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

If you list the same item (with quantity more than 1) to multiple sites, is that not a duplicate?

I remember asking the pinks (blues, whatever) about listing on ebay.ca and ebay.com the same item and it was considered a duplicate.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I was not actually talking about listing on multiple sites, but having the listing available for viewing on different eBay sites. Mine i set now for US and Canada, but I did not set it. I think I will call eBay sometime and ask.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

The option in SM Pro is for listing on other sites, not visibility. You will be charged if you list on the other sites.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/build-your-business-online/boost-profits/selling-tools/selli...

Q. How do I list to multiple eBay sites using Selling Manager Pro?

A. To add other eBay international Web sites to the sites you can list on, please follow these steps:

•     Click "My eBay at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.
  •     Click the "Preferences" link on the left side of the page, under the "My Account" heading.
  •     Click the "Show" link to the right of "Sell Your Item form and listings" under the "Selling Preferences" heading.
  •     Click the "Edit" link to the right of "List on these worldwide eBay sites."
  •     Select the check boxes of eBay sites that you want to list on and click "Save".
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I should state that if you qualify for free listings on the other sites, then you should not be charged. You would have to research if there are free listings on the other site and if you qualify. 

For example, eBay Australia has monthly free listings but because I am in Canada I cannot use them. At least this was what I found out when I checked a year ago. I will go research to see if this has changed.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@triber wrote:

I was not actually talking about listing on multiple sites, but having the listing available for viewing on different eBay sites. Mine i set now for US and Canada, but I did not set it. I think I will call eBay sometime and ask.

I realize that but I'm sure that the option you originally asked about was for listing on multiple sites.

As far as visibility on other sites while listing on .ca and .com ....other than paying for visibility on the UK site which I mentioned earlier, there is no way to guarantee that your listings will be visible on other sites. If you specify shipping to another country, your listings "may" be shown under international sellers or "may" be shown in the regular area if there are only a few similar items but there is no way to guarantee that they will be shown at all or to specify which site you want them to show on. Actually, there's not even a guarantee that our listings will be shown on the site we list on.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

eBay Australia has 40 free listing per month. But when I try to create a test listing there I am being charged $1.50 AUD. I cannot find a requirement how to qualify for the 40 free. The eBay fee page says available to all eBay sellers. I think they mean eBay Australia sellers registered on that site.

Maybe someone knows???

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

No pocomocomputing, I didn't want to list on different sites, it looked as if it was just asking if buyers would like there listing VISIBLE on other sites. I am just not sure what that means. Here is what it says under the title in my first subject.

Select as many eBay sites as you'd like and list the same product in different countries.

I guess it looks as if I would be charged for each one selected.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

I know you want to be visible.

I went a little off topic about Australia and their 40 free. Bu your question made me look into the purpose of the feature. If a seller on eBay.com and en=bay.ca could get 40 free on eBay Australia, then the Selling Manager Pro feature you mentioned would be interesting to use. 

I will try to ask in the weekly eBay session on Wednesday. Sorry for going off topic.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

I called and was told this is free. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@cardstop6868 wrote:

I called and was told this is free. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

You don't to do anything special and it won't cost you anything.  I found your Jaromir Jagr card just fine with a basic keyword search on the German eBay site.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Zombie topic from 2014
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 20 of 20
latest reply