Constantly having to sign-in

I'm working in sale, entering info for a listing, having already signed-in.  Very fast, no delays.  Yet it asks me to sign-in again.  This arbitrary signing-in request happens a lot and in different situations.  Why?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Maybe a cookie browser problem?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I have the same problem, I have to sign in several times.  I am signed in and then when I want to list another item, I have to sign in again.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Does it to us too.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

This has never happened to me.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

amcdc79
Community Member

If you sign into .ca then want to list or check a listing on .com, you will be asked to sign in again. Of course it works the other way also. 

Another site, will time you out, so you have to sign in again every so often, but I can't say it's happened to me on ebay.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I wonder if an aggressive anti-virus program running as the user is actively browsing websites might be a potential cause or contributing factor. Don’t these programs wipe clean browser histories and caches as they run checks?
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Certain features/areas of the site will also trigger a fresh login as a security measure. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yes. Those (to me at least) are not to be unexpected and I wouldn’t count them among ‘unexplained’ log-in requests as the OP has suggested are taking place. I’m asked by eBay to sign in to look at certain features on selling but that stands to reason. But it may be simply that the OP is unaware that certain actions always trigger those requests.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Cookies.  I see hordes of Ebay MBA minions, frantically sifting the data from the cookie companies they are aligned with, trying desperately to glean some information that will help them pander more to the flightly "buyers" at the expense of sellers.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@2756anderson wrote:

Cookies.  I see hordes of Ebay MBA minions, frantically sifting the data from the cookie companies they are aligned with, trying desperately to glean some information that will help them pander more to the flightly "buyers" at the expense of sellers.

Where do you see this?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

The following may help...

When you sign onto eBay with ID and Password....  

at the lower left corner of this box it says......

Stay signed in....

Make sure this has been checked off.

------------------------------

The only time I have to log on when already on eBay Canada   is when I go ....from eBay Canada ... to eBay.com

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Also...   Go to Site Preferences

and find ...at the end of the ....Site Preferences  ... page 

Other general preferences....... and Click Show at the far right.. and you will get...

--- Keep me signed in on this computer*    ... and ...

--- Sign me in automatically to Community discussion areas*

Message 13 of 13
latest reply