Feedback message - We ran into a problem saving your feedback. Please close the page and try again.

jcd931
Community Member

Getting this message on one sale from yesterday.  Two purchases from same buyer.  Other sales I was able to leave feedback without any problem.  Anyone else having this problem?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Feedback message - We ran into a problem saving your feedback. Please close the page and try ag

Yes for me for ALL multi item purchases it has not been working for about a week now.

For all single purchases it works fine.

There are a number of bugs in myebay, have been for a while, all I do is keep the leave feedback screen open on another tab and use it for all multi-item purchasers. Tis a pain but eventually it will work again.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Feedback message - We ran into a problem saving your feedback. Please close the page and try ag

Yes for me for ALL multi item purchases it has not been working for about a week now.

For all single purchases it works fine.

There are a number of bugs in myebay, have been for a while, all I do is keep the leave feedback screen open on another tab and use it for all multi-item purchasers. Tis a pain but eventually it will work again.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

here is another one tyler@ebay 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@flyhooks4less  just a note, I'm using .COM (I do most everything there) I should have probably mentioned this, that's why I didn't tag Tyler.  

I don't know if it is happening on .CA @jcd931 were you on .CA or .COM when this happened to you?

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

On and off all the time on .com for months. Sometimes the first try results in you've already left feedback, other times the error message even though it goes through. Crack team of developers at ebay. 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Yep those are different feedback leaving problems and yep they've been around for even longer. There are various symptoms....multiple attempts of them work. I always thought this one was because I use the "back arrow" to leave feedback after I've sent a message, looks like it is  bigger problem.....

This particular one for multiple items, I've never gotten to work with multiple attempts.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Tried on both .ca and .com with same result.  Tried again tonight; no luck.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I have this issue with leaving feedback for buyers with multiple items as well.  I found that if you are in the eBay seller hub and click on the number beside shipped and awaiting your feedback it will work from there.  It gives you a list and you can check the box beside the buyer. Click the leave feedback box above and from this popup it will let you leave feedback successfully.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

This as well as other proposed workarounds don't work for me.  I called Ebay on this, the particular agent I talked to never heard of this issue despite it being rather well known and around for a while.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

This just started happening to me over the course of the last 2 weeks.

I currently have 10 different auctions (most single items, some multi itmes) that I cannot leave a rating on.

Half the time I get 

"We ran into a problem saving your feedback. Please close the page and try again."

The other half of the time I get a success message, but the rating isn't displayed and the auction remains in the "Status: Awaiting your feedback" list.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

The last time we had this happen it was with a regular customer. It was his first purchase in about 3 months. Turned out he is "no longer a registered user". Very odd. He always bought 3 or more items at the same time. It was to spain and the UR small packet air number showed up as delivered on spain's postal website:  correos.es

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Update: I haven't been able to successfully give a single person feedback in the last 2 days. Now they're just stacking up (20 auctions at this point).

Any ideas? jasmen@ebay   velvet@ebay  ?

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Hey @estatemaster12 so sorry for the delay, have you tried another browser to see if that makes a difference? 

UPDATE:

This is a known issue and we're working on getting it resolved ASAP! 

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

>  This is a known issue and we're working on getting it resolved ASAP! 

Thank you for the update, much appreciated.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

Hey @estatemaster12 so sorry for the delay, have you tried another browser to see if that makes a difference? 

UPDATE:

This is a known issue and we're working on getting it resolved ASAP! 

Hello jasmen@ebay ...Is there any place in eBay to confirm known issues that are being worked on and/or their status? The eBay status page hasn't shown anything in years.

-Lotz

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies we do post them here, even if it's on the US boards these are site wide issues that could impact CA and other sites as well! 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies we do post them here, even if it's on the US boards these are site wide issues that could impact CA and other sites as well! 

Thanks for the link. First time I've seen that in my approx 15 years of selling on eBay. Was only aware of the status pages on the 2 sites but often not helpful as to what is a WIP or a physical solution vs a temporary work around(discussion board vs status page). Maybe that link could be added to the dot ca discussion features in a reasonable real time format? If you look at the dot ca discussion board it is very stripped down in comparison to dot com.

-Lotz

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

jasmen@ebay 

As a side note in many situations, issues can be site specific. As an example calculator issues with CP vs USPS.

-Lotz

Message 18 of 18
latest reply