Frustrated with Canada Post. Package going nowhere

Those of you frustrated with GSP, would be no better off with Canada Post.  Sent package 4 days ago from Kelowna BC.  It's still sitting in Richmond BC going nowhere.  It went in the complete opposite direction to destination, and there it sits.  This has nothing to do with fires.  When I called CP customer service, they did not know why, and told me to be patient. "It will get there eventually"  she said laughing.  So I guess, it's hurry up and wait.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

richcmond is the pacific region sort facility, based at the airport
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

That may be,  however I have had shipments get to Ontario in 3 days.  So it's annoying the package is sitting for 4 days, with no explanation.  There are definitely  daily  dispatches.  Now it says on CP website expected delivery is July 29.  Destination is Burlington. That's just unacceptable.  It was mailed July 14. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Postal routes no longer take "logical" direct routes - they go to sortation facilities whether that be near by your area or some distance away as well as possibly other sortation locations that are totally unrelated to either the ship from point or the ship to point.

Supposedly this is a better system. As an example, a purchase for me being shipped from near Vancouver goes to Richmond, then to Mississauga before finally getting routed back to me in Saskatchewan. Makes no sense to me but that's the way it is.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The updates within Canada post (or other post offices including USPS) can be very behind or misleading at times.

This is why I make a great effort to not check the updates, except in emergencies, because this is what happens all too often, it becomes a frustrating situation with no answers normally anyway.

I try to only go checking when a buyer asks (or sometimes when it is a big $$$$ item I can't help myself).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Mississauga and not Winnipeg? That's interesting.

It's still sitting in Richmond BC

No.

The last place it was recorded was in Richmond.

It might be there since Sunday the 16th, or it may be on its way to your customer.

Kelowna?

Well at least it's out of the wildfire area at the moment.

How are you and yours doing? No danger I hope?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Expedited parcel and Xpresspost in Canada have a guaranteed delivery date so if it is delivered later than that date, you should be able to get your postage back.  I realize that isn't ideal but it could help you and/or the buyer feel a bit better.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for asking, but no we're fine for now.  It was close a couple of days ago, so we stay on alert.  We have stuff packed if we have to go, better to be ready just in case.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@pinetreecottage wrote:

That may be,  however I have had shipments get to Ontario in 3 days.  So it's annoying the package is sitting for 4 days, with no explanation.  There are definitely  daily  dispatches.  Now it says on CP website expected delivery is July 29.  Destination is Burlington. That's just unacceptable.  It was mailed July 14. 

July 14 is a Friday, July 15 is a Saturday, July 16 is a Sunday... that could be why it's slower than expected. Technically it's only 3 business days at the moment... 

I have had it happen where a package's last scan was in Ontario a few days ago and then shows up at my doorstep (BC) the next day. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply