Good news: promotions

3 REPLIES 3

That is good news, thanks for posting this, I hadn't noticed it.  I was hoping they'd get around to the single-item listings.  

The only thing is, with so many sellers jumping on the bandwagon, will it ultimately cancel itself out?  I wonder.  If nearly everybody's listings are "special", then are they really special anymore?  I suppose it remains to be seen how truly effective this is, but I'll probably want to give it a try. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

The only thing is, with so many sellers jumping on the bandwagon, will it ultimately cancel itself out?

I wondered the same thing myself. Although... not everybody will want to give more fees to eBay. So I guess not everyone will participate. And since the seller choose the % of additional fees paid, the exposure will vary according to the extra amount one is willing to pay.

So far, I had only 2 items with multiple quantity. Even though I included them in the promo, they did not sell yet. I added a few single items today. Hopefully, these will bring more sales. We'll see...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

gave promoted listings a go for nearly a year on another selling venue and other than some extra views on the listings, it made little difference - not one sale as a result of it, so not so sure that kind of promotion is really worth it on eBay...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply