Has anyone sent a refund recently for combined shipping discount?

Periodically i refund a portion of shippng costs if a buyer buys 2 items in separate transactions but i can ship them together.

I did this today and glory be, Ebay has changed the format for issuing refunds.  It's now 3 steps instead of the 2 before and even though i selected shipping discount as the reason for the refund, on the final step it showed i was refunding mostly item cost and a few pennies of shipping.

I better not get an out of stock defect for this piddly $2 refund.  It no longer confirms the reason for the refund until AFTER you issue the refund.  In my case, it did say 'shipping discount', so hopefully no defects.

But why this change?  It takes longer and gives less information along the way.  What's the point?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Has anyone sent a refund recently for combined shipping discount?

I used to refund automatically when there was a difference of more than $2. But not anymore. Managed Payments is way too complicated for these kinds of refunds that go to my credit card instead of my chequing account! I will only do it if the buyer asks.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

i just wait until the buyer's payment clears processing, which is usually the next day and then refund so that i have the funds in my MP account.  I agree that i'm not going to put up with little charges to my bank or card.  I just tell the buyer that i wil be refunding as soon as their payment is processed by Ebay.   

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

Periodically i refund a portion of shippng costs if a buyer buys 2 items in separate transactions but i can ship them together.

I did this today and glory be, Ebay has changed the format for issuing refunds.  It's now 3 steps instead of the 2 before and even though i selected shipping discount as the reason for the refund, on the final step it showed i was refunding mostly item cost and a few pennies of shipping.

I better not get an out of stock defect for this piddly $2 refund.  It no longer confirms the reason for the refund until AFTER you issue the refund.  In my case, it did say 'shipping discount', so hopefully no defects.

But why this change?  It takes longer and gives less information along the way.  What's the point?

Yeah, I just saw this change today. I don't really see the point, but whatever.  I just wish they'd fix some of the major bugs first and do stuff like this after.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Honestly for $2 is it really worth it? the buyer was obviously ok with paying for shipping twice if thats what they did.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply