I can't find where to even look--Is there a place to remind buyers to leave feedback?

I find searching for answers very awkward on e-bay.  I think I stumbled across this information once, but can't find it again.  

Sellers that don't leave feedback--Is there a spot, or something to click, to remind them about leaving  feedback?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: I can't find where to even look--Is there a place to remind buyers to leave feedback?

Mis-read

Never mind

🙂

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Re: I can't find where to even look--Is there a place to remind buyers to leave feedback?

There isn't a function like that and as mentioned, it is not a good idea to ask or remind buyers to leave feedback.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

There isn't a function like that and as mentioned, it is not a good idea to ask or remind buyers to leave feedback.

I mis-read the post as well, hence my edited response. They asked about sellers leaving FB, not buyers. Duh us.   🙂

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

The only way I know to remind a seller is to send them a question and ask for it that way.

I had a buyer recently ask me 3 times to please leave feedback, took me that many times to help them understand I had already left feedback wayyyyyy back when I shipped the item.... language barriers can be frustrating at times...
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@sandy49-250 wrote:

I find searching for answers very awkward on e-bay.  I think I stumbled across this information once, but can't find it again.  

Sellers that don't leave feedback--Is there a spot, or something to click, to remind them about leaving  feedback?

If you harass sellers to leave feedback, you may find yourself blocked.

Feedback is voluntary so please leave it alone.

Buyer feedback no longer means anything as it can only be positive and many sellers could not be bothered any more..

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

I mis-read the post as well, hence my edited response. They asked about sellers leaving FB, not buyers. Duh us.   🙂

Nooo duh's for us! In the title they asked how they could remind buyers to leave feedback and in the body of the post they asked about sellers.  i just decided to answer the title question.  🙂

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@sandy49-250 wrote:

If you harass buyers to leave feedback, you may not like what you receive

Feedback is voluntary so please leave it alone.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Nooo duh's for us! In the title they asked how they could remind buyers to leave feedback and in the body of the post they asked about sellers.  i just decided to answer the title question.  Smiley Happy

Maybe that is why I left a relatively long response, re-read their posting (but apparently not their post title) and revised my response.

Good catch on your end.

I stand in a solitary duh.  

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

sandy49-250      Is your post asking about buyers or sellers leaving feedback?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

If you have already left feedback, you can add a Response to it like, "Never left feedback in spite of repeated requests."

If you are a seller, future customers may read it when they check your feedback and nope right out of there.

If you are a bidder in an auction, future sellers may read it when they check your feedback and nope right out of there.

Your choice.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

As a seller, I leave feedback for 100 per cent of my buyers. That being said, feedback is a courtesy. If, as a buyer, I found a seller wasn't leaving feedback for me, I would not shop from them again. Or I might add a Follow-up to say, 'Seller didn't leave reciprocal feedback.'

I do hear where you are coming from. It's about etiquette. Some people have worse manners than others, especially online.

If you are a seller asking how to get your buyer to leave feedback, just don't. If you harass your buyer to leave feedback, you stand to lose more than you gain. ebay already sends reminders to users after 30 days (I think) to address outstanding feedback not left. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

. language barriers can be frustrating at times...

Google Translate-- sometimes helpful, sometimes hilarious

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I'm a seller; clearing an estate.  The uncle was a major collector (HOARDER!)... but of neat stuff.  I did not know that Ebay would send a reminder to buyers, about leaving feedback.  

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I always make the effort to use the feedback when I have a buyer...and have looked up the feedback on potential buyers. I find it somewhat useful considering negative responses aren't 'welcome'.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

It's not super useful to look at your buyer's feedback unless you are doing auctions and you intend to cancel those "bad" buyer's bids... otherwise, if you are selling with fixed priced listings, by the time you see the buyer they'd have already paid and you can only ship as usual.

Yes, eBay does send reminders for buyers to leave feedback. I get these e-mails once in a while because I do buy really cheap items from China once in a while, which tend to take 4+ weeks (I'm never in a hurry to get them) to arrive so when I get these feedback reminders I usually haven't even received the item yet, and by the time I receive the items I'd forget to leave feedback because it has been *that* long already...

...and that reminds me to leave feedback to the Chinese sellers I bought from back in April... they're shipped from Turkey again lol. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Here is a link to the email flow that eBay sends out for a sale.

My eBay -> Account -> Manage communications with buyers

On the eBay page, you have 5 events on the left side and the corresponding email sent to the buyer on the right. Hover your mouse over the even on the left side to see the email sent on the right and use the enlarge button on bottom right of the image to see it better.

The last email sent by eBay is the Feedback reminder email and is sent after 30 days roughly. So no need to send a reminder email on your own. I have had buyers leave me feedback long after a sale has arrived and I assumed some were left because of this eBay feedback reminder email.

Please note that the Payment Reminder (3rd in list) has an option to be turned off. This is useful to turn off if you allow buyers more than the minimum 4 days to pay.

This is the first time I have reviewed this Manage Communication with buyers page in more than a year or two. I wounder if these are still the emails sent out by eBay and if the format of the emails are the same. I question it because the emails described seem to the same as 5+ years ago when I first discovered this Manage communications with buyers page. I also wonder if it is just a feature for sellers who subscribe to Selling Manager or Selling Manager Pro. A lot of changes to what buyers rate today (on time delivery for one) so I wonder if the email still looks like what is described.

I checked my eBay id on both eBay.ca and eBay.com and the flow looks exactly the same so eBay.ca is not behind eBay.com in this documentation.

If anyone reading who buys a lot knows if the above are what the buyers receives for emails, please post. Otherwise a good question for the Weekly Session.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Through the years, I have checked and used the Manage Communication with Buyers regularly and I don't think anything has changed. It is one thing that seems to just work. Knock on wood. 

Message 18 of 18
latest reply