Issue with Preferences on Items Awaiting Payment

I ran into something interesting today. I had a buyer buy an item and they asked me if I minded them waiting a few days to pay (which I didn't).  I turned OFF the setting under "Preferences on Items Awaiting Payment" to "Automatically cancel unpaid items".  The sale was still automatically cancelled by the system even though the setting was disabled.

devon@ebay 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Issue with Preferences on Items Awaiting Payment

Did you add your Buyers ID to the box at under the following text? You should as I had the same issue, once the Buyers iD is noted you can hold items for Buyers.

"If you want to exclude buyers from having their items awaiting payment automatically cancelled, list them here."

Preferences for items awaiting payment

If a buyer does not pay for an item they’ve committed to buy, you can set the transaction to automatically cancel after a selected timeframe.If a buyer does not pay for an item they’ve committed to buy, you can set the transaction to automatically cancel after a selected timeframe.
Automatically cancel unpaid itemsAutomatically cancel unpaid items

Select how long buyers have to pay for items. After that time, items still awaiting payment are automatically cancelled.Select how long buyers have to pay for items. After that time, items still awaiting payment are automatically cancelled.
4 days

Automatically relist cancelled itemsAutomatically relist cancelled items

If you want to exclude buyers from having their items awaiting payment automatically cancelled, list them here.

Separate multiple usernames with a comma or list each on a new line.Separate multiple usernames with a comma or list each on a new line.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No, I actually didn't see that, thanks!  I still don't know why it was cancelled when I had the option turned off though.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"If you want to exclude buyers from having their items awaiting payment automatically cancelled, list them here."

This is for when you have a Buyer who has ALREADY purchased an item but has not paid yet...

For future purchases, the settings apply to unsold items and listings only.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply