LISTING VARIATIONS OF AN ITEM

I list multiple variations of items on eBay.  Today when I went to do some new listings the Variation choice seems to have disappeared.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: LISTING VARIATIONS OF AN ITEM

Would you provide Item number(s) of listings that were affected? That might help other users troubleshoot. Thanks.

Message 2 of 98
latest reply

Same issue here, all listings that have variations are affected, cannot revise to edit quantity and price anymore.

Message 3 of 98
latest reply

same here, option available if I use sellersourcebook but not on ebay, ended a listing an tried to relist it and even the relist and starting a brand new listing don't have variations as an option.  I just finished talking with a rep and she saw the same thing but was the first she had heard of it, on hold to talk to them again.  Obviously an issue which might also be why a listing was ended for no reason either, it was also a variation listing. 

Message 4 of 98
latest reply

hello people,

as of the last hour I have had 4 variation listings ended and can not relist them due to the fact that no variations are showing.  Just talked to a rep and while he was on the phone I tried to list one through sellersourcebook and although it accepted the variations when it came to listing on ebay it was flagged #21916564 saying the category did not support variations which had that been the case sellersourcebook also would not have had it as an option.  Is anyone else seeing ended listings? 

Message 5 of 98
latest reply

Oh boy. This sounds like a big problem for many sellers. 

@happy_pigeon or tyler@ebay: Could you please look into this for the folks affected? I have no listings with variations but if I did and discovered they had condensed themselves and my work was lost, I'd be plenty agitated by that. 

Message 6 of 98
latest reply

Hi all, I'm helping to start an investigation into this, and it would be helpful to learn what categories everyone is trying to list in. Could you please share that info? If it's easier, you can just drop the URL for your troublesome listing in here.

Message 7 of 98
latest reply

And thank you for swooping in to help!

Message 9 of 98
latest reply

Hi,

'm getting one ending every 5 minutes now- every time I look at my emails there's another one...OMG...I just looked at my unsold and there's 24 there, I don't even have them in the emails...so it's happening like crazy....and now they are ending listings with sales that have been listed recently.  I have over 3000 variation listings...if they all end this will be a nightmare!!

so far it is in plastic canvas books, kits

cross stitch charts, painting books & patterns, knitting patterns, sewing patterns, needlepoint canvasses, fabric for sewing, punch needle embroidery, 

Message 10 of 98
latest reply

Computers/Tablets & Networking > Laptops & Netbooks > PC Laptops & Netbooks
Computers/Tablets & Networking>Desktops & All-In-Ones>PC Desktops & All-In-Ones

I sell computers, all my listings with variations are affected, unable to revise to edit price and quantity or specs.  Below is just one example from my many listings that are affected.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T430-laptop-i5-3320M-2-6GHz-Windows-10-DVDRW-Warranty-Grade-...

Message 11 of 98
latest reply

I've talked to reps twice today and it was the first they had heard of it...has been forwarded to tech but I'm up to 27 now, talking to another rep-2 added while I said hello...if all my variation listings are going to end-would it help to put my store on vacation?

Message 12 of 98
latest reply

eBay says it us a technical issue.
Message 13 of 98
latest reply

that's what I've been telling them for 3 hours now and I'm up to 41 ended listings and still counting....I dread how long it's going to take to relist all these when it's fixed...and just in numbers I'm down over 300 items in 2 hours....that's how many items were in those 41 listings...

Message 14 of 98
latest reply

Same thing is happening to me (all in Home and Garden category). I spent the last hour on the phone with ebay. They suggest (and so do I) that EVERYONE who is affected call ebay immediately and get a ticket created for tech. Otherwise, nothing will be done before it's too late.

Message 15 of 98
latest reply

Fashion Jewelry 

Message 16 of 98
latest reply

I heard back from the last rep I talked to and he said it's a Canadian site issue and his manager is working with tech support to address it.  Since I don't list at night I probably won't see any more end until tomorrow afternoon.  So far I'm at 54 listings. 

Message 17 of 98
latest reply

forgot to say, I have another 4680 more variation listings live so this could get ugly....

Message 18 of 98
latest reply

and the onslaught has started again.....OMG.....just the idea of having to relist all these is making me crazy

Message 19 of 98
latest reply

URGENT!!

hello sellers, if you are having issues with listing/editing/relisting variation listings PLEASE call ebay.  Only 3 of us have called and it's not enough for them to make a ticket and I'm losing listings every 5 minutes!!  

Message 20 of 98
latest reply