LISTING VARIATIONS OF AN ITEM

I list multiple variations of items on eBay.  Today when I went to do some new listings the Variation choice seems to have disappeared.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

nothing like an organization that knows what's going on, right...I get frustrated when I report an issue and it's fluffed off, over 2 years now variation listings that I launched with sellersourcebook

have photo issues.  Whenever I try to edit the listing, even if it's just shipping the photos drop off and I have to reinstall them all.  Now I use ssb for the template and put in the photos from my computer directly...but all these listings that are ending now I will have to dig out photos to relist them due to that issue which is STILL ongoing...it was time consuming to re-add 30+ photos every month when I re-added inventory.  A couple of weeks ago 3 of my listings rejected paypal-it shows in the live listing but when I go to revise it says I have to have paypal in my listing and will not revise...now this started JUST before the ending issue so I'm wondering if they were trying to fix that issue and created this one??

Message 41 of 98
latest reply

I think since it's the weekend they aren't going to see the full impact of what has happened until Monday....wouldn't want to man the phones then...

Message 42 of 98
latest reply

Does anyone else agree that there should be actual compensation from eBay where there are software issues like this that directly affect sellers? Have been dealing with one that is ongoing for 7 months now and it is directly affecting my business.  If you can't fix quickly provide us with a work around. Ignoring them, not acknowledging those errors or not resolving promptly seems like a very poor business model!!

-CM

Message 43 of 98
latest reply

not to mention blaming everyone else....they said it's ssb's fault the photos are dropping however the photos are launched on ebay so they've done their job, it's on the ebay site where they are dropping off.  With paypal they tried to blame paypal but I said it's showing live on the listing now what has changed? I still have the same paypal account and email and it's on all my other 7500 listings...no answer for that...just checked one and STILL get this message. 

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Payment options - To list this item, you need to accept PayPal or other approved electronic payments as a payment method.
  • Internal Application Error. Please try again after some time.
Message 44 of 98
latest reply

Same problem in accessories. Can't create variations for colors.

Cell Phones & Accessories>Cell Phone Accessories>Cases, Covers & Skins

Message 45 of 98
latest reply

I think it's all categories that allow variations

Message 46 of 98
latest reply

Yes all categories I've tried everything. thank-god, but not, I thought it was just me and I did something wrong or started to go crazy. I haven't had anything end yet but I did put up a new item and it was on sale right away.. nothing should go on sale if its a new listing after a sale was created. I could of lost over 75$ if I didn't see it.

Message 47 of 98
latest reply

Hello,

true, after a sale has been created new listings would not show as being on sale UNLESS you are like me and have so many listings that it has to be done in multiple sections.   I think ebay only does a certain amount at a time...5000?  maybe, it's been a long time since I put listings on sale.  Last year, January, I did some and it changed all my listings permanently...from $15.99 to $15.29, $11.99 to $11.39 etc and I'm still finding them.  ANOTHER tech issue for which I was told "that can't happen" even though I had over 300 examples but since I was the only one reporting it, I don't think it went very far. 

Message 48 of 98
latest reply

• Listed in category: 
  • Listed in category: 

These categories are also affected by this, I have 24 listings now ended due to the Multi-Variation issue

Message 49 of 98
latest reply

ended listings count hit 40 tonight,

each rep I talked to so far have different story about this issue.

the worst ones are the tweeter ones, they will just recycle the manual talk again and again telling you it's because it's been relisted too many time and it's not likely to get a sale, even tho I already explained the whole story of it was because the system thinks the listing are no longer support because of not having variation sku options anymore.

another one said someone's working on it while another one said it's fixed long time ago.

unbelievable.

this is not the only glitch they got, I can't see some of my listings on my own account on my android ebay app, but it would show up on desktop and ios ebay app. unless you search directly with the listing number. it won't show up on key word search nor shows up another other method

a few rare case it won't show up even on desktop or public general search.

I had to end it and make a new one from beginning, lost 20 watchers and 3000 watched on that listing.

its ridiculous, each time I tried to explain that to the rep they ask for the listing number and tell me it shows up, yes of cause it shows up, it would only show up with the exact listing number search but not with title or keyword, nor it shows up on my own "active listing page" on app

it just go back n fore in loops with them

Message 50 of 98
latest reply

what are the search words you are using for that item?  I'm at 120 ended listings now...and  the ones ended today I only started a couple of months ago and have had sales-they are ending as they roll over and the system thinks they are not variations anymore, not because of any other reason.

Message 51 of 98
latest reply

yes I totally understand that, and had been trying to tell the rep about it, but some of them just kept thinking it's something else and brush me off. horrible. not all of them are on the same page or have gotten notice about this issue. which means it's not even being treated seriously by ebay at all.

as for the search. it won't even show up when I copy n paste the title exactly, it's for sure a glitch if it won't even show up under my own ebay user page. I already decided there's no way any rep could try understand or attent to it after 5 tries, so I just end it and make a new one.

but the ones that doesn't work on android but only on desktop I just make another one that go with new in box or new without box just to keep the original watchers alive.

Message 52 of 98
latest reply

I've skipped from the first page to the third without reading, so apologies if I've missed any major developments. Just want to confirm that this is a Thing, and judging by the thread I'm copied on, people are working very busily to find the source of the issue and get it resolved. Thanks for your patience in the meantime...

Message 53 of 98
latest reply

oh thank goodness, that's good to hear, thanks

Message 54 of 98
latest reply

those are system generated emails, I also got them and have gotten them for years for various issues.  The system doesn't know that we can't fix them, it's only picking up on the fact that listings have ended

Message 55 of 98
latest reply

Currently on the phone with eBay they "say" it is being worked on.  They "say" there have been many calls and it is "top priority".  I don't whether to laugh or cry.

Message 56 of 98
latest reply

The email may have been system-generated. However, the REASON was very specific (and a bot didn't just make up that wording---a PERSON  at ebay did ). It specifically states that multi-variation listings with multiple SKU's are NO LONGER SUPPORTED! That is not a 'glitch'.

Message 57 of 98
latest reply

no that is system jargon for the issue we are having....

Message 58 of 98
latest reply

That sort of 'system jargon' indicates that there was a system COMMAND somewhere to act on that specific set of circumstances, a set of circumstances that needed to be SET by a programmer.

Message 59 of 98
latest reply

seriously...EVERY system command is set by a programmer, that's their job

Message 60 of 98
latest reply