LISTING VARIATIONS OF AN ITEM

I list multiple variations of items on eBay.  Today when I went to do some new listings the Variation choice seems to have disappeared.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Hello,

i am a seller from Italy and i have listings with variations in the categories Men and Women shoes.

I have been having your same issue for a couple of days now, with listings that are not renewing because these categories are no more accepting variations (absurd in clothing related categories).

Unfortunately we can not contact the canadian eBay customer service by mail or phone call so we have to wait on the next monday before contacting the italian customer service (asking them to report the issue to the canadian service).

I am sure that this is an issue affecting thousands of sellers and surely eBay technicians are already aware of it.

Let's hope it will be solved soon.

Message 21 of 98
latest reply

I've chat with ebay yesterday and told me they were aware of the problem and working on it.  They also open a ticket for the case.  

I don't know why they told you that.  

Let's hope they solve this problem very soon.

Message 22 of 98
latest reply

Hello,

you are the first international I've heard of...wow, this is going to be a BIG problem.  Tech support has been alerted to the issue but a ticket won't be generated unless they see more sellers reporting it, which means the issue doesn't get addressed right away. thanks for your info

Message 23 of 98
latest reply

I don't know, she looked today and it's not even flagged as an ongoing issue yet.

Message 24 of 98
latest reply

that's odd.  I chat with ebay canada service in french and told me right at the beginning that a lot of members have been complaining about the situation and the support team was working on it.

doesn't seem they're having the same communications at the office lol

let's hope it's solve really quickly because I too will lose important selling listing ;o(

Message 25 of 98
latest reply

Hello again,

we create and publish our listings through a web agency and its software that communicates with eBay via API.

Web agencies like the one that i use for my business usually work for dozens sellers and have privileged contacts with eBay technicians.

I mean to say that this is not a problem only for the small seller who creates his listings manually.

The truth is that entire categories are not accepting variations expecially the categories where variations are most important (clothing for example).

Worldwide agencies will open tickets with eBay technicians.

The problem is that its the weekend!

Message 26 of 98
latest reply

Still working on .com site.

Wonder how (lol) eBay will compensate us for all lost sales?

Message 27 of 98
latest reply

Very sorry to hear about your issues Alefiori. I have used the listing variation tool a few times and have an item ending shortly. Will see what happens when I try to relist. This is very disconcerting that a seller in Italy requires using the Canadian Discussion board to resolve a problem. As I have stated several times on here, it really depends on who you end up speaking to as to the information you will receive as an answer/solution.  All problems are important to a seller, big or small. It shouldn't take a tidal wave of complaints to get a resolution/work around  once any CS acknowledges your call as an issue. Being pro-active NEEDS to be Job 1.

-CM

Message 28 of 98
latest reply

Oh I really hope so, I'm up to 85 listings ended and that translates to over 500 individual items gone from inventory....

Message 29 of 98
latest reply

I wasn't aware of that, I wondered how some companies can list thousands of items a day...I thought they had a whole staff of people just for listing.  

Message 30 of 98
latest reply

Also, I've been looking at my still active multi-quantity listings to see if there were any sort of tweak that I could do to them to prevent them being ended. If I attempt to revise them, the UPC (which in my case, is 'does not apply') is blank and the variation section is missing so I can't see the MPN numbers to edit them (I had thought of just entering the same MPN for each colour, for example), so that it is IMPOSSIBLE to attempt to revise the listing.

In other words, be prepared for ALL of your multi-variation listings to be affected by this 'glitch' (read "wanton and reckless destruction")

Message 31 of 98
latest reply

....also, I just noticed that the security lock symbol is showing a yellow warning triangle when logged into this page forum page.

Message 32 of 98
latest reply

@dhslk wrote:

....also, I just noticed that the security lock symbol is showing a yellow warning triangle when logged into this page forum page.

.... ongoing ebay specific problem that seems to be worsening, first time I've heard of that on a forum page.

Message 33 of 98
latest reply

@rainbow71113 wrote:

and the onslaught has started again.....OMG.....just the idea of having to relist all these is making me crazy

You have my deepest sympathy, if this was happening to me, I'd be losing my mind. Hang in there. 

Message 34 of 98
latest reply

I am losing my mind...and probably my hair, will have to invest in a wig company...LOL...I don't drink

but I think I'm going to start.  I'm at 100 ended now....and as they say, tomorrow's a new day...oh joy..LOL

Message 35 of 98
latest reply

It's a nightmare, to be sure. I hope the glitch is short-lived and easily reversible for all the sellers whose listings have been affected by it. 

Message 36 of 98
latest reply

same here, up to 10 listing ended with the variation option gone, called yesterday the rep promised it's going to get fixed within the day, called again at night, this other rep said it's been going on for weeks, with no fix.

all listing are the ones I made on the Canada site, the com site listings are fine, so far

Message 37 of 98
latest reply

yes, .com has no issues with variations so I guess the only work around at this point is to relist on .com but I'm going to wait since I don't do listings on .com.  It hasn't been weeks, I do variations almost daily and from what I can tell it only started  on Friday the 20th and that's when ebay does it's major reboot-when defects etc get added/removed-that might have had something to do with it.  

Message 38 of 98
latest reply

yes, the situation started on the 20th,  one rep said he got that note since yesterday, and tech department had been working on it and should have it fixed by end of day but since it's still going on that means it was an empty promise.

then this other rep said he been seeing and hearing it for weeks, with no one getting around it so he won't know when it's will be fixed.

making I don't even know who to trust at this point,

on tweeter DM this rep is telling me this is news to him.

Message 39 of 98
latest reply

I am hitting 30 listing ended as of today because of this glitch, the rep told me I should not make brand new listing for them on com site and should patiently wait until they fix it.

that's just crazy according to the rep that said if the issue had been going on for a while and no body is coming around to fix it. it means us seller have to leave those listing hanging and bare with them not getting sold while they take their sweet time to handle this.

Message 40 of 98
latest reply