Managed Payments $US account - which bank?

For those sellers who have decided to get their payouts in $US, which bank are you using and have you already set it up with MP?   There doesn't seem to be a lot of choices for $US chequing accounts and they all seem to have some sort of fee.  

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Managed Payments $US account - which bank?

This is an older thread, and you don't mention whether you are trying to have the $$ sent to a US$ account or a $C account, and whether it is a chequing account or not (it has to be a checquing account) but I can say that MP can send $$ to a $C TD account because that is what I've been doing since I migrated to MP in June.....

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

analimo2
Community Member

hi im not getiting my payments in US dollars how is that even possible

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@analimo2 wrote:

hi im not getiting my payments in US dollars how is that even possible

If you list on .com and want to get paid in US Dollars it's a one shot choice that you have to make when you register for Managed Payments.

If you are already signed up for Managed Payments with CAD payouts there is no way to switch.

You could open a new account (a second account) and when signing up for MP on that account pick the USD payout option.

recped_0-1658540239141.png

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Keep in mind I am hearing more and more often they shut down new accounts quickly from sellers who have existing accounts. Although you may operate more than one account, Ebay bots misinterpret it as you being a spammer and they may ban your account. It is hard to say whether using the same computer or different computer and IP address helps, it doesn't matter, some new accounts get shut down within a few hours. So if that happens to you, just chill out and try a few weeks again. 

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

I don't know what or were you are hearing this, almost all the sellers I know personally run multiple accounts, some like me have done so for years and some only more recently.

The new accounts that get banned immediately are mostly those that try to use false information to register for Managed Payments. When eBay was asking for SIN as an optional verification method many people thought it was "required" (it never was) and would try entering  made up numbers or just all zeros.....BOOM instant permanent suspension.

Then there were all the sellers who had always falsely claimed they were US residents, that was fine before eBay started handling payments but when signing up for MP as a US resident they could not comply with the verification requirements (no SSN) and again....BOOM....permanent suspension.

You can lie to eBay about your information and get away with it for minor things but when it comes to payments you must play by the rules and be 100% honest.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Google  why my new ebay account blocked suspended etc, many existing ebay users with healthy accounts  get suspended opening new account even information is truthful. The new account suspension is all automated. If you reach out to the customer service, they say, no problem we will unlock the account and then get suspended again for who knows what reason, because they never tell you the reason. 

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

I've read a million (exaggeration!) posts on these boards that include "I've done nothing wrong", from time to time it's a true statement but most of the time it's not.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

ZOMBIE POST FROM MAY 2021.

The problem with zombie posts is that the information is often out of date, incorrect or not related to the new post.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply