Mandatory CARM for all imports and exports.

Just looking into this new CSBA CARM thing, deadline is May 13, does anyone know if this new mandatory requirment applies to canadapost and couriers , ebay shipments entering and exiting Canada? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

marnotom!
Community Member

From what I can see from a quick boo at the CBSA website, CARM only applies to commercial imports, not personal ones, and has nothing to do with exports:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/services/carm-gcra/menu-eng.html

I guess this will affect you if you import items for resale (which I assume would be the case for you as your post is on a selling board) but it shouldn’t affect most Canadian eBay users.

There seems to be a lot of info linked to that page I’ve posted. Is that where you’ve been searching?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Wouldnt it be easier to just say you dont have a registered business and you ship your late grandmas tea cups in used cerial boxes?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If I’m understanding that landing page correctly and you’re exporting those teacups from Canada, CARM doesn’t apply.

The CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) digital initiative is changing how CBSA assesses and collects duties and taxes on commercial goods imported into Canada.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply