My post office closed early today due to bad weather

Went to the post office around 3:00 pm today only to find a notice on the door saying they had closed early due to weather conditions. I was able to just drop my mail into the outside mail box since I had used my own postage stamps but I’m thinking there won’t be a pickup until tomorrow.  No mail in my mailbox today either so it looks like the trucks didn’t deliver any mail today at all. First time I have seen this happen, hope we don’t get any late strikes because of this.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Mine closed early today too, however it closed after my normal drop off time, otherwise my PM would have let me know so I could get stuff up there before it closed....the advantage of living in a wee village!!!!

I believe in this area all the rural deliveries did not happen due to the freezing rain/ice problems.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Bummer. Did you think to take a picture of the notice on the door or anything? In case you had to fight a Late Shipment Mark later as a result of the closure and absence of service today?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It was just announced on the Barrie news that post offices had closed today and no deliveries.  Don’t know how widespread this was, my post office is considered rural but still within the GTA. Never thought to take a photo of the notice!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I saw on the news that Canada post had suspended all mail delivery in the GTA today because of the weather conditions.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

they sent all letter carrier's home early today in London, and St.Thomas today due to the ice storm..

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Now I see we can expect more of the same type of weather for tomorrow! I’ll have to call the PO first before I go out To drop off mail. Hope it’s open, we have no Saturday mail pickup at my post office.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Definitely print a pdf of that page in case it vanishes from the website just when you might need it. I’m sure it wouldn’t but still....
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@msmaggie060 wrote:

Went to the post office around 3:00 pm today only to find a notice on the door saying they had closed early due to weather conditions. I was able to just drop my mail into the outside mail box since I had used my own postage stamps but I’m thinking there won’t be a pickup until tomorrow.  No mail in my mailbox today either so it looks like the trucks didn’t deliver any mail today at all. First time I have seen this happen, hope we don’t get any late strikes because of this.

If you're using stamps then the package isn't tracked I assume?  Why would you get a strike?

Ian

Message 10 of 10
latest reply