Payouts since Rogers outage

Hey everyone! I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or had this happen to them, but since the Rogers outage has happened in Canada, I have not recieved any of my payouts. eBay shows them as sent, but with no Bank reference ID on the far right side when you go to the payouts page.

I am not a Rogers customer, but my bank is with TD. I checked the dates of payouts sent that I have received, and they all got sent and were received all until the Rogers outage has took place. I'm just curious if this is happening to anyone else or if its just me or whats going on. I've got in touch with eBay support and they think its the banks fault, and lord knows getting in touch with the bank is gonna be borderline impossible at the moment cause of everything thats going on.

But yeah, just curious if any fellow Canadians have had their payouts sent but not receieved since the Rogers outage.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ecgt
Community Member

Bell customers here who are also with TD. Our payout failed on Friday.

We received the notice in our Payments section today that says:

"There was an issue that affected your payout for July 8th, 2022. We’ve fixed the problem, but your payout will take 1 more business day to reach your bank. We apologize for any inconvenience."

We have been monitoring our TD bank account all day, as it was also having problems with email money transfers (not related to eBay). Our payouts for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today all appeared in our TD bank account approximately 10 minutes ago. Hopefully those of you who are also affected will see the same thing soon.

This is almost certainly related to the Rogers outage.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

velvet@ebay 

After a few more posts, perhaps you could check in?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

After a few more posts, perhaps you could check in?

Hi @femmefan1946! I can look into this and once I have an update I can share it with @games_movies_and_more and yourself. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

A quick skim of the news..........reports indicate TD, RBC and BMO as the most affected banks.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Have you had any trouble getting money in your bank from eBay since Friday, recped?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I didn't get my payout for Friday but I got a notice today on the top of the ebay payments page saying this.

"There was an issue that affected your payout for July 8th, 2022. We’ve fixed the problem, but your payout will take 1 more business day to reach your bank. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Just as a general update for people, I've talked to eBay support and TD support and both are saying they don't see a problem on their end. The outage started on Friday (I believe) censoring the sensitive information, I can see they eBay is still sending payments out, but I'm not getting any reference IDs (far right) since the outage. No idea which side is at fault here.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Interesting, I just checked my payments page to see if this message was there too, but there isn't anything new. I'll keep checking in here, thanks for reaching out, electronicifycanada.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I went and checked the payments page again and now saw this message, hope everything will work out. If theres anyone else from Ontario or Canada within here that has experienced the same problem as me, please let me know. If more people have this problem and come forward with it, it will have to be adressed quicker.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

ecgt
Community Member

Bell customers here who are also with TD. Our payout failed on Friday.

We received the notice in our Payments section today that says:

We have been monitoring our TD bank account all day, as it was also having problems with email money transfers (not related to eBay). Our payouts for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today all appeared in our TD bank account approximately 10 minutes ago. Hopefully those of you who are also affected will see the same thing soon.

This is almost certainly related to the Rogers outage.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@games_movies_and_more wrote:

Have you had any trouble getting money in your bank from eBay since Friday, recped?

I'm on weekly payouts (Tuesday), I bank with CIBC (Simplii), use Bell for Internet (via Teksavvy) & TV so the only issue I've had with the Rogers debacle is that people I know with Rogers phones or internet could not pester me!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Meant to respond to this earlier, sorry for the late reply. After I read this message earlier, at the part where you said you noticed the payments in your bank account, I immediately checked mine and sure enough they were there. Thanks for the heads up!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Lucky you! lol 😋

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

On weekly Tuesday payouts with RBC USD account. Payout sent yesterday l, usually hits account Wednesday morning. Nothing today and as per OP no bank reference ID in the payout deets. Never had an issue until today. Anyone else still waiting? Hoping it works tomorrow will post an update either way.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I also get Tuesday payouts, mine are to TD. Mine came through normal time last night, so some banks are working ok. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Payment received 7-14. Had been checking on mobile app before and didn't see the banner on desktop that advised of one day delay. Would be nice if messages of this type would be shown on all platforms.
Message 16 of 16
latest reply