Selling why does ebay allow useless new buyers to give negatives

why does ebay allow useless new buyers  that dont know how ebay works to give negatives to sellers does ebay think this helps sellers ,these buyers have not sold a thing in thier life so they dont understand sellers position .so do i do the same thing next time i buy something from the USA and let the trend go on .ebay doesnt fix this  they will lose sellers and buyers can buy toilet paper to clean themselves up .

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Kenwood KA 8300 Integrated Amp with Original Manual Very Nice Cosmetics Working

Condition:
--not specified
Sold for:
US $499.99
Approximately C $629.21

So you called the Buyer who purchased the above a "useless new buyers", excellent CS

Did you pack the item correctly in a padded box? Just saying...

Luckily for you, it still works and the Buyer has not requested a return...

Oh. and your Buyer can read this post also, think before you slag your Buyers newbies...
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'd worry more about the positive on the Weird Al record which indicates that you can be bullied into refunding without return.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Personally I'd see that as a favourable thing to see in a sellers feedback. The refund doesn't say full refund, and it does extensively say that the seller has good customer service. I for certain would feel comfortable buying from a seller with something like that in their feedback.

So too might a potential scammer, but I would be surprised if scammers spend the time searching feedbacks for the same. Even if they do, a prudent seller only gets burned once, blocks and other tricks to identify repeat offenders can minimize the risk.

The negative feedback here is generally speaking relatively painless, it could be viewed as postal mishandling or perhaps seller mispackaging but it isn't specifically directed at the seller. If it were me, I'd have replied with similar notation that negative feedback was the first communication and "while I try my best to package items carefully there is only so much one can do and sometimes damage results in transit. In those cases I'm happy to work with the buyer to try to resolve the issue, if there is one". That also demonstrates the customer service orientation aspect.

Nobody likes negative feedbacks, generally our feelings are to react and oftentimes over-react. It is human nature. That's why I have/maintain a bunch of responses so I have stuff I wrote when I wasn't infuriated. They tend to be very much more customer service oriented, and I try to make myself wait a while before I respond. That is VERY hard to do.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply