Shipping supply coupon not working

So I received my eBay Bucks coupon & the shipping supply coupon today. But when I go to purchase supplies, it will not accept the shipping supply coupon (says it is not valid) but it accepts the Bucks one.  Anyone else having this problem? Maybe it is just another glitch & will work itself out in the end.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Yes, 2nd time, Me too

It's hard to believe we have to waste time on a coupon...I missed your post  so this is a cut n paste...

Just got my coupon for the second quarter.  Right on time. Thanks eBay. Chose my item. Pasted the proper code they sent into the "Coupon Code" area. Got this error msg. "Looks like thats the wrong code. Please double check and try again."  Good grief...

There is no "Cancel Order" or no "Remove Item  From Cart, and NO "Change Quantity to Zero". I do not know of ANY other platform that makes it this difficult to cancel before confirmation. 

All you can do is back out.  When I attempted to back out eBay immediately confirmed an order that I had not yet committed to. It placed it without my coupon discount and eBay then charged the full amount to my credit card ... OK. Maybe a system gliche. It can happen on Amazon. The difference is  on Amazon you can go into your Profile/Orders and CANCEL. 

I expected I could do that BUT eBay suggests I wait 4 days and can't cancel the order? I have to contact the Seller. The Seller is eBAy! WT Heck?

What sort of stupid game is this?  It's hard to believe we float their boat.code error.JPG

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

CA-USA Supplies.jpg

Thanks for mentioning that Lotz!

I saw that too. That makes the tally 34 choices for the Canucks & 101 choices for the Yanks.

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

Nope. I got both the message & email. No woik... 😞

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

Scratch =OK    But a Sniff nets a credit card charge...

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

Me too but we're still "vintage" right? We're not talking about wax cylinders here...

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

For many years I volunteered for the Food Bank to help manage "Blues For
Christmas" on the Commordore Ballroom stage in Vancouver. In the 90's Baldry was a guest artist who came for a number of years.

The 1st year he appeared I was asked to mike up a young man John wanted to perform  with him. He was maybe 22 years old and appeared homeless. His guitar was an old acoustic that was something like a student classical guitar. After a bit of work we fitted it with a condensor mic. Our crew (The Ninja Stage Crew) consisted of 3 that night. We we skeptical. when the young man took the stage in a full house  alone (without Baldry) we expected a short set. Once again Long John was right and he brought down the house dressed in his rags with his $99 classical guitar.  He was a phenomal artist.

The 2nd year I helped stage Baldry I was told he had another guest. John was very tall you know an I'm not. He knew I was there but I'm not sure he could see me. At the mike he said... {very deep voice} "I'd like to introduce Kathy Mcdonald"... I'm still onstage with my back to the curtain behind us. 

Together they sang "You've Lost That Loving Feeling".  I did not move. I know that is very unprofessional for a technician being onstage in the back. It wasn't because I couldn't move. I just did not want to. I wanted to feel that feeling I could not ever get unless I stood there. It was the Commordore a relaxed venue but even it if was the Hollywood bowl I still would have stayed onstage. 

The experience of standing behind Baldry and Kathy together  singing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" right from their own vocal chords and from their stage monitors  is what music is about. 

In the end no one noticed  me except a hug from Kathy.  If it was at the Bowl I'd never have worked another show!

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

I had the pleasure to work with Long John Baldry long after I became a fan.  His music is iconic. His influence on the entire music industry via the young starts he supported like elton John supercedes anything he personally sang on. 

One of my favorite recordings was his redo of the Righteous Brothers'  "You've Lost That Lovin Feeling". It's a hard original song to eclipse. For me Baldy's duet with Kathy McDonald managed to do that. 

For many years I volunteered for the Food Bank to help manage "Blues For
Christmas" on the Commordore Ballroom stage in Vancouver. In the 90's Baldry was a guest artist who came for a number of years.

The 1st year he appeared I was asked to mike up a young man John wanted to perform  with him. He was maybe 22 years old and appeared homeless. His guitar was an old acoustic that was something like a student classical guitar. After a bit of work we fitted it with a condensor mic. Our crew (The Ninja Stage Crew) consisted of 3 that night. We we skeptical. when the young man took the stage in a full house  alone (without Baldry) we expected a short set. Once again Long John was right and he brought down the house dressed in his rags with his $99 classical guitar.  He was a phenomal artist.

The 2nd year I helped stage Baldry I was told he had another guest. John was very tall you know an I'm not. He knew I was there but I'm not sure he could see me. At the mike he said... {very deep voice} "I'd like to introduce Kathy Mcdonald"... I'm still onstage with my back to the curtain behind us. 

Together they sang "You've Lost That Loving Feeling".  I did not move. I know that is very unprofessional for a technician being onstage in the back. It wasn't because I couldn't move. I just did not want to. I wanted to feel that feeling I could not ever get unless I stood there. It was the Commordore a relaxed venue but even it if was the Hollywood bowl I still would have stayed onstage. 

The experience of standing behind Baldry and Kathy together  singing "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" right from their own vocal chords and from their stage monitors  is what music is about. 

In the end no one noticed  me except a hug from Kathy.  If it was at the Bowl I'd never have worked another show!

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

Punishment.JPG

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@2nd-time-around-jewelry 

@regs43 

Sales Tax Supplies.JPG

Part Deux and the charge tax, don't charge tax kerfuffle. Pardon my language!! 😉

"Thank you for the quick reply and additional details. As such, we will check the tax is being appropriately charged with our accountant and eBay manager shortly to be certain. Regrettably, the eBay coupon cannot be used to cover tax or shipping costs on an order."

-Lotz

Note: Please don't shoot the messenger!!

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Punishment.JPG

tyler@ebayDo you have any inside information as to why sellers are unable to use their quarterly coupon? The tax thing is a whole other question, most likely at the sellers end. Any heads up on this would be appreciated by many. The standard practice is to get your order in before that short list of 34 choices gets smaller as things run out.

-Lotz

-Lotz

Message 30 of 39
latest reply

Same here I text customer support twice for 1/2 hr each time ... they say its a technical problem ...  the one girl asked me to wait and then came back a few minutes later asking if I was still there ... I said you told me to wait .... no insults to blondes but if she was or not you could not tell : )   Peace and Blessings Tommy G

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

regs good luck with that ....  I do not recommend chat customer support they wont help

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

- General reply -

I checked with the Stores team on this today and they said there was an error internally but it should be correct now (as of earlier today). 

Will you give it a try and give me a tag if it doesn't work?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

tyler@ebay Yes, it works now. 

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks @ericsells75!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 35 of 39
latest reply

It finally worked for me today also. Thanks

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

Mine just worked! Yeah

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Good. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. 😅I have a question.. If you texted, how do you know the rep was a girl?  I think I need a new phone....

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

- General reply -

I checked with the Stores team on this today and they said there was an error internally but it should be correct now (as of earlier today). 

Will you give it a try and give me a tag if it doesn't work?

You betcha; 

Here goes....

something's wrong.. it worked.

IT Woiked!.JPG

Message 39 of 39
latest reply